Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay return question

I recently bought a raw card off of eBay. The condition was pretty far off what was advertised. While the seller noted no returns on his item listing, I messaged him my concerns over the card and he replied that he would accept a return and to send the card back with delivery confirmation (which I was going to do anyway). My question is, am I protected with the messages alone or do I need to open a case? If what I understand is correct, having too many cases opened (even if resolved pleasantly) can hurt a seller. If the seller is willing to settle things amicably, I don't want to unintentionally hurt his seller ratings. Of course, on the off chance I dealing with a shady character I do not want to leave myself without protection. For what it's worth, the value of the card isn't particularly high but not low either (around $70).
Steve

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Shipping with DC is all you need now. You can open case later if needed.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    I had the same issue and you are protected if necessary with your documented communication with the seller on eBay. If the return doesn't proceed on par with your expectations then you can open up a case. The item you received is not as advertised so it doesn't matter that he doesn't accept returns.

Good luck.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering my question guys. I am going to proceed by shipping with DC. I doubt I will have any problems but it is good to have reassurance that I am not forfeiting anything by not opening a case. I'm sure it will all be fine.
    Steve
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had the same issue and you are protected if necessary with your documented communication with the seller on eBay. If the return doesn't proceed on par with your expectations then you can open up a case. The item you received is not as advertised so it doesn't matter that he doesn't accept returns.

Good luck. >>

Yep, SNAD (significantly not as described) overrules whatever the seller may put in the listing about "no returns".
  • Options
    Another thing to keep in mind is that IF you eventually must take it to the level of opening a case and call Ebay for help, NEVER close the return request yourself EVEN IF the person you are speaking with tells you to. If they tell you to do so they are mistaken and be sure to tell them so. I made the mistake of listening one time and it took me over a month and several more hours on the phone to get my money back for a high dollar item. They should open a case for you before you do anything.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!