Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Went out picking today. Japan $'s

Banged some dollars.

Hoard the keys.

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks as if you have several submission candidates there- hope it goes well. I always look forward to your posts and your images. Well played.

The 1890, 1892, 1903, and 1905 look especially attractive. My recollection is that the 1903 is the mosts available date in high grade- 65 and higher

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I go shopping with you next time? I would have died and gone to heaven if I'd found those locally. Awesome!

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice selection. These are very attractive coins.
  • Subarashi!! Now that is what I would call a great shopping expedition. If you submit any of them for grading let's us know the outcome. Ganbatte! John
    Sullykerry: Numismatic interests: Canada, Newfoundland, Japan pre-WWII, Ireland, Commemorative Coins (1892-1954) Celtic. References available on request.
  • Nice lots.
    I'm especially interested in Meiji 16.
    I wonder how it looks in person.

<< <i>Nice lots.
    I'm especially interested in Meiji 16.
    I wonder how it looks in person. >>

Definitely! Can we respectfully request More Pictures? image

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya i'll get some better shots, post them in a bit.

Here you go the pic suck but they are nicer coins in hand.

The Meiji 16 Looks unc but toned.

Hoard the keys.
    Here are some better pic how they look in hand.

Hoard the keys.
    NICE!

Hmm, the 1883/16 would look great in my Dansco imageimageimage

• Do you think any of these coins will be submitted to a TPG? I have a Meiji 16 One Yen that I bought raw from a reputable dealer. I did not think it was a problem coin. I submitted it to one of the big two and it came back AU with details - Cleaning. The seven day grace period had obviously expired. Neither the dealer nor I thought the coin was cleaned. I gained another learning experience for this novice. Merry Christmas everyone. John
    Sullykerry: Numismatic interests: Canada, Newfoundland, Japan pre-WWII, Ireland, Commemorative Coins (1892-1954) Celtic. References available on request.
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, VERY heavily counterfeited series.
    Yes John they are tuff on them, if you can see any hair lines they are out or even chop marks they are out as well. But they can still sell even in that kind of holder so send in all you have and what does not make the cut sell off and keep the nicer stuff like Better dates and providenc's, Yes i am going to sent them in.

Hoard the keys.

<< <i>Very, VERY heavily counterfeited series. >>

Yes you are right, here are some that are fakes. But don't pass on them look them up after a bit you can tell. I bought a book of fakes to look at so i dont pass on any that are good. This is how some of the fakes look. I bought the book some time ago at a little shop and thought it would help and it did every one in the shop said i was crazy...

PS: They dan't only fake Chinese.imageimage

Hoard the keys.