Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Merc FB short set passing signals

I miss red Fridays!

Old school here. Just letting the Merc short set full band guys know I'm making a jump into the top 20. Will be makeing more jumps soon! My 43-S and 45 are hopefully going to be FB soon. If the 45 makes FB......... Now can you imagine a 59 year old guy doing cartwheels and handstands in his office? Me neither, nice thought, but won't happen! But I will be very happy!!!
Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Comments

• winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    45 FB Merc is only a dream unless you really luck out or have a lot of money. Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Red Friday's......shows how long I've been here.image
  • remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

<< <i>45 FB Merc is only a dream unless you really luck out or have a lot of money. Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. >>

Hi Winky, Am I dreaming, am I lucky?

Either way, you can bet this baby is getting cracked out and resubmitted!
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • At 66, it's a $20,000 coin w FB vs. silver scrap without. They date-grade these. I had a '45 that I bought for under $100 that was objectively FB, but a little "tight" at the center of the bands. Sent it at least 5-6 times to PCGS, economy, and cracked it out before each subsequent submission. Nada. Walked it through at one of the major shows and got 62FB, even though PCGS had made it one of it's Coin Facts "plate" coins for a no-band 64 in a prior submission. Walked it through again (without cracking it out of course) and got 63FB. A dealer pal of mine had an NGC 64FB---very nice original coin and bands close to perfect. He foolishly "cracked" it and sent it to PCGS looking for 65FB and got it back no-bands 65. He's cracked it out and sent it back maybe 10 times to PCGS and it's come back zip each time. I'd love to see your coin in-hand. Looks nice from here, but you just can't tell from a photo. Be prepared to spend some dinero on grading fees and keep your expectations low. The bands have to be literally perfect at the 66 level. NGC is even tougher on bands than PCGS. Keep everyone posted. I'd love to know how it works out.
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember Red Friday's......shows how long I've been here.image >>

Some of us called it ....checker board.image