Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1951-69 Topps and 1948-55 Bowman PSA 8 or Better Update

Hello fellow collectors:

An update on a piece of my collection.

For the Topps run down to 14 cards, all 1952 Topps and yes probably the 14 most difficult cards or the most expensive cards in 8. At least I have the Mantle in 8 oc. Need Pafko, Runnels, Mantle and Mathews. For Bowman need 4 1949 high numbers 188,189, 197 and 215 and 1953 black and white 55, 56, 61 and 64. I think all these cards are ultra low pops.

Good luck to all on their collections.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you post again . Hopefully what you still need , will be found . Keep us posting .------ Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    You mention having the Mantle and also have it on the need list. Going for both variations, or a non OC version ?
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Are you making any progress with your Red Man Sets? I think those cards are some of the most beautiful from the 1950's and are pretty low pop for the PSA 7 and above. I don't think they are very popular though based on prices realized as compared to the POP report and in comparison to Topps and Bowman prices for the same years.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
  • Options
    Bishop.

Bought the Mantle raw from Greg Manning Auctions over 20 yrs ago. Had it graded and it came back 8 oc. Since my collection is straight 8 or better I would replace it if I got a straight 8 at the right price.

Jim
  • Options
    Bump skier,

I agree with you on the beauty of the cards. Unfortunately I have made little progress as of late. I believe 55 is complete in 8 or better and 53 is complete but many cards lower grade. 52 and 54 need lots of work. Thanks for the reminder.

Jim
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim, it is great to hear from you and good luck on your collecting efforts as well!!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Thank you Don. You have the most beautiful 1959 Topps cards in the world. One of my favorite sets.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
    Jim
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim, thank you!!....I do love the 1959 Topps set.

Happy New Year!!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Jim- what's the current set count, and are you still counting down the top 1200 of all time? I lost the link!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Jim! I'm glad you are still forging ahead. Most set builders from the time you started this quest have fallen by the wayside long ago and been replaced by others. I'm quickly catching up to you with 5 complete sets. image
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Jim glad to see you post, hope all is well

• Options
    Anthony,

In about a month I will be releasing my Top 1900 songs of all time, the 9th annual edition! I will e mail you a copy..

I think I am up to 118 sets with every card psa 8 or better. I am thinking of including 1960 Essex Meats as complete
    Even though the set does not include Sihugo Green which is an extreme sp and does not exist in 8 or better.

Gemint, I have my eye on you and I'm worried image

Jay,

It's been a long time. Hope all is well with you and your family.