Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Do not drink and drive (into a coin shop)

Comments

• Options
    wtf
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why coin dealers drink, indeed.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible. How many times did that driver back up and ram it again?
  • Options
    I feel really bad for their shop. I was just there for the first time a couple months ago image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, that's terrible. Looks like a couple of people missed getting hurt. Was it a robbery attempt, car troubles or driver troubles? I was guessing robbery just by the number if times the wall was hit.

Sad for the owners as I'm sure the insurance will not cover it all, especially for any damaged coins. "What do you mean you want $100 for that, it's a quarter, and we'll give you 25 cents". Somehow I doubt any shortfalls will be recoverable from the driver.

• Options
    Surely it wasn't a robbery attempt. It was daylight and there were several employees in the store, among other arguments against attempted robbery.

Looks like a confused LOL driver (Little Old Lady). There's someone in the passenger seat too.

Very strange.
  • Options
    maybe a disgruntled customer or ex employee? I can't see someone accidentally crashing into the wall, backing up and taking another run at it, crashing entirely through and into a building and then continuing to work the transmission back and forth

quite bizarre
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She definitely had an abundance of determination.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as I'm sure the insurance will not cover it all

Others here may have had more personal experience and I work in casualty claims.
    I suspect first person commercial property insurance for collectibles is prohibitively expensive, if even available.
    For third party casualty insurance, in this case, the driver's, it does not work that way. I do not know the insurance laws in Nevada, but if an adjuster ever offered 25 cents for a $100 quarter that was damaged, that adjuster could be fired, if not worse. Good faith dealing is the law in most, if not all states. If the full value, prior to damage, was paid, the coin would be taken as salvage.
    Roughly speaking, that is the more likely scenario. Every circumstance is different, depending on the policy and the law.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good to hear...I was watching the cabinets and was cringing!

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem to be a robbery attempt, but does look like it involved some serious medication of some kind.

Coincidentally, there has been several 'crash and grab' style robberies in the Chicago area lately.