Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What do you think of this guy's offerings

I'll give you my opinion after a few others have posted LINK.
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I think if you can get a Roman Bronze statue for $150 you have done very well, it is was genuine.
  • Options
    The coins are all of types widely faked and all that I examined looked suspicious.

He's on Forvm's Notorious Fake Seller List.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The coins are all of types widely faked and all that I examined looked suspicious.

He's on Forvm's Notorious Fake Seller List. >>

I agree, IMO all of the coins are cast counterfeits (except for the bulk lot).

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    everything looks exactly the same, the detail is too good on worn coins, the lettering is too good, he groups coin together that are exactly the same, I wonder what metal he is using because nothing looks silver, everything is dull as f***
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it even legal to export such antiquities from Greece?
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing, all of his coins look the same....and not in a good way!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    I admit that some of these came up in my searches and I had to stop and look but yeah, even with my limited knowledge of Greek coins, something stunk.