Home Sports Talk
Options

Would you rather head coach College or pro football...

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
...assuming that you had the talent and the pay check was the same?

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    College.

I would love to be a moderately successful coach at a low level D1 school. 7-5, 8-4, maybe 9-3, win a low level bowl game, make $750k a year, and most people love you. I have knowledge of Utah State, for example. Their basketball coach makes great money for a small town in Utah, most people love him, he makes the tourney every 2-3 years, and life is good. Their football coach will likely move to a higher profile school but if not he would fit the bill of exactly what I am talking about. Be the king of a small school.

In the pros the pressure is far more to WIN championships. Plus dealing with ridiculous egos all day would get old.
  • Options
    Good answer.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    College. Having the chance to mold younger guys into better people would be way more rewarding than dealing with people already set in their ways.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NFL all the way for me!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NFL all the way for me! >>

Even if it had to be the Bucs? lol!

Hey Paul image
  • Options

<< <i>Even the if it had to be the Bucs? lol! >>

I said "Pro" football. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi MATT image

Honestly I would want the worst team in the league and try to build it into a championship calibre team, how many times have we all been dumbfounded by some of the moves that our favorite teams make?

Again getting paid and having job security and the keys to run it your way? I would absolutely prefer doing the NFL, money talks and performance matters I would rather treat it as a bussiness and do it that way instead of going to peoples homes throughout the country and try to hustle their kids to come to my College.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>College. Having the chance to mold younger guys into better people would be way more rewarding than dealing with people already set in their ways. >>

Great answer, Matt. I was going to post pretty much the same thing.