Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Master set question?

I am working on several Fred McGriff registry sets. I have a question about the Master set. It is a work in progress. So if you have a card of him graded you can request that it is added. When I do this and the person above me does not have the card does it pull that persons percentage and such down? I think it did but I am not 100% sure. I am more curious than anything really. I am currently second and have a long way to go to catch the person in first place. I am in first place on the other three Fred McGriff sets.

Comments

• Options
    It pulls down the % complete and set rating scores but does not effect the other collector's weighted GPA until he/she adds the new card.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am working on several Fred McGriff registry sets. I have a question about the Master set. It is a work in progress. So if you have a card of him graded you can request that it is added. When I do this and the person above me does not have the card does it pull that persons percentage and such down? I think it did but I am not 100% sure. I am more curious than anything really. I am currently second and have a long way to go to catch the person in first place. I am in first place on the other three Fred McGriff sets. >>

Absolutely! This is how I was able to achieve #1 in the Harmon Killebrew Master set. I had been collecting Killebrew "oddball" items for about 20 years, so I had many that I had graded and then added to my set. I have a rather low rating as far as grades go, but was able to "knock down" the other sets by having a more complete set.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    I am currently doing this with the mantle and Ruth super sets