Home Sports Talk
Options

Cowboy fans........what are our chances in Chicago???

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
We have always had a hard time winning Chi-town!

I hope their QB has one of his bad days and Romo has one of his good days!image

That game on Turkey day about made me PUKE!!!imageimage

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Battle of the wishy-washy QB's.

Still recall Cutler pedaling an exercise bike on the sideline as his team battled deep in the playoffs.

You can keep them both!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the numbers clearly show, Romo is the much better QB. If Dallas can't protect him though and plays like they did vs Philly, anything is possible. Thus is a game Dallas should win.

McCoy who had struggled most of the season gashed them for 160 yards in 3 quarters. Forte is also pretty good and a viable threat as a receiver too so Dallas has to be cognizant of that, too. Chicago has a stellar receiving corps. Dallas has Dez Bryant and Williams, an over the hill Witten and that surfer dude with the long blond hair, lol.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jay cutlet is the highest paid and most useless QB combination in recent memory. But if I had to choose between him and Romo I'd ask Drew Bledsoe to come out of retirement instead image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think chances are very good and am expecting to win,
    I hoping for some inspired, enthusiastic play with a sense of urgency.
    If that aint there..........little chance for the win.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    I feel this is a do or die game...actually I feel Dallas needs to run the table to get in the playoffs and get anywhere.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel this is a do or die game...actually I feel Dallas needs to run the table to get in the playoffs and get anywhere. >>

9-4 certainly will look better than 8-5 but I don't feel they need to win out. Of course it will help but not necessary imo. It's a two team race in the east and the Eagles most likely will lose a few. They still need to play Seattle, the Cowboys, Washington and the Giants. Don't concede the division just yet.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow me to channel my inner WTCG. I've been an ardent Bears fan since '79, and I'm about ready to kill myself.

Kidding.

Well..... image

Okay, yes, I'm kidding.

Seriously, though, there is no reason why the Cowboys shouldn't waltz in and take care of business. Unless their early-season play was a ruse, which -- and we all know it -- may very well be the case.

The Bears are absolute garbage on the defensive side of the ball. On average, they have given up as many points per game as the Raiders. Shall I repeat that?

Offensively, they do in fact have weapons. But don't let that fool you. Devoid of cohesion, superfluous disorder. I am soo tired of Cutler. Million-dollar arm, ten-cent head. Allow me to mark one off of my things-I-never-thought-I'd-say list: What I wouldn't give to go back to the late 70s/early 80s and watch superlative signal callers like Mike Phipps, Vince Evans and Bob Avellini. At least those guys were expected to suck. Wasn't Jay Cutler supposed to be, like, extraordinary and stuff? Dude has 14 picks this year. Only Blake Bortles has more. Shall I repeat that? When you have Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte at your disposal, that should never, ever, ever, ever...........wait, one more time.........ever.........happen.

With all of that said: Chi 31, Dal 28

To the bank, baby. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toss of the coin, I think Romo might be the better QB but with these two guys its like Forest Gump says about opening up a box of chocolates you NEVER Know what your going to get.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas should do well, it's an away game.
  • Options
    >>>Dallas should do well, it's an away game. <<<

Isn't that crazy........they are undefeated (5-0) on the road!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Im a Chiefs fan, so I couldnt spot a winner with a high powered telescopeimage , but Dallas should win this
    easy. I mean WAY easy. Although in full disclosure, I am a closet Bears fan since they have grabbed up
    Jarred Allen. He is on a very short list of my all-time favorite playersimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

<< <i>Dallas should do well, it's an away game. >>

It's funny. Years ago, the away games in the blue road jerseys were always the kiss of death. This season sure is different.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dallas should do well, it's an away game. >>

It's funny. Years ago, the away games in the blue road jerseys were always the kiss of death. This season sure is different. >>

I remember that~the Landry years, LOL!

Dallas is going to blow out Chicago tonight~41-24.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    This is a pivotal game for the Cowboys season. They are favored to win against the Bears tonight and their last game against Washington. They will be underdogs when they play against the Eagles and Colts. If everything happens according to chalk then Dallas will finish the year 10-6 and have a fair chance to make the playoffs. Lose tonight and they are looking at a possible chalk 9-7 and would likely miss the playoffs because the only team they can beat in a tiebreaker scenario is Seattle. Detroit, Arizona, SF, and Philly all seem to have a tiebreaker edge on Dallas. Things can change if Dallas manages to beat both Philly and Washington, but you don't want to be one of those teams scoreboard watching at the end of the year.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dallas is going to blow out Chicago tonight >>

Tim, I hope you have some coin on this game lol
  • Options

<< <i>

Tim, I hope you have some coin on this game lol >>

I wish I did! Almost dead on with the score, LOL!

• Options
    That 4th quarter was the GAWD awfullest display of football I have ever seen!!! image

Playing soft because of a big lead will get you beat against a good team!!!!

NOT SATISFIED WITH THE PLAY IN THIS GAME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Dez needs a valium.
  • Options
    Playing soft because of a big lead will get you beat against a good team!!!!

Luckily, Chicago is not that. I told you not to sweat this game, DM...just listen to me. And you know what? Sea is going to beat Philly this week and Dallas is going to beat Philly in 2 weeks and guess who will control their fate for the NFC East title? Now, in the playoffs, all bets are off, LOL..

• Options
    Grote - we play the beagles next....not 2 weeks! I'm glad you are guarenteeing a win.......I feel OK now! LOL image
  • Options

<< <i>Grote - we play the beagles next....not 2 weeks! I'm glad you are guarenteeing a win.......I feel OK now! LOL image >>

Next is like having a bye week now, though~10 days to get ready!

• Options
    >>>Next is like having a bye week now, though~10 days to get ready! <<<

The coaching staff will need all 10 days to teach the players how to play with a BIG lead!!! Just in case we get one.imageimage
  • Options
    For football fans, a game recap.

Dallas first drive, Murray misses a block on the end resulting in a sack which takes Cowboys out of FG range.

Pass Interference on Carr on 3rd and 8; Scandrick 6yd tackle for loss helped bring up 3rd and 16.

Romo throws high to Witten on 3rd down.

Bruce Carter gets a piece of the ball and the punter; leads to good field position for Cowboys.
    Murray converts on 4th & 1, Murray converts on 4th and goal TD

Marshall makes big juggling catch , Bears convert on 4th and 7 and Marshall takes a knee to the back from Church and leaves game.
    Bennett wide open for TD

Romo converts 3rd and 15 to Witten. Beasley catches TD pass on 2nd play of the hurry up 2 minute offense just before half.

Dallas makes a lucky strip fumble from Forte. Romo gets flushed from the pocket makes a good touch throw to Beasley for the TD 21-7 Cowboys

Melton deflects a Cutler pass on 3rd down, Harris returns punt for a score but block in the back negates TD

Romo makes a big play to Bryant for 44 yards/ Romo to Escobar for the TD

Dallas pounds on the ground with Murray but finishes with Randall making a great run through the middle and bouncing it to the outside for the score.

Scandrick called for holding keeps drive alive, 2 players miss a sack opportunity on Cutler during the same play, Carr gets beat deep by Jeffrey
    Church blocks the PAT, this virtually never happens, incredible, 35--13 Cowboys early in the 4th.

Murray makes a Big Run down to the 5 yard line, Murray dances around and scampers backward for a huge loss back to the 20. Dallas held to 3 pts

defense becomes lax, Bears score TD, Bears complete 2 pt conversion, Bears make onside kick, Escobar plays the onside kick like a Rookie in need of a remedial special teams class, Bears football.
    Cutler runs around the edge and gives the Bears 2 scores in less than 2 minutes. NFL teams realize no lead is safe as long as Dallas is trying to hold onto it!

This time Dez shows Escobar the proper way to snatch an onside kick so your team isn't ridiculed on twitter.
    Murray makes a big run, Bailey makes a FG because he's cool like that, its what he does.

Scandrick makes good on his sideline tirade by intercepting Cutler in the endzone, Cowboys give testament to being true road warriors.

Romo was efficient, Murray punished the defense all night, Randall and Beasley both made key contributions, Dez did what he could with limited opportuities.
    Witten made 1 key play, Escobar made 1 key play for both teams--way to play neutral Escobar! Terrence Williams, Did he even play in this game? Williams was MIA, AWOL, Milk Carton.

Rolando McClain looks like the steal pick up this year, Scandrick missed a tackle, made a big hit and a key pick to seal the game. Carr was inconsistent as always, Hitchens played well.
    Church made some valuable contributions with the blocked PAT #impossible and by inadvertently removing Marshall from the game.

Overall, Dallas still needs work. The passing game looks stagnant at times missing some easy throws, and that shouldn't happen when the running game sets up so many short yardage situations.
    Murray should not have to carry so much of the load. 41 touches is too much, Dallas should have found more openings against that Bears secondary and not force the O-Line and Murray to win the game for you.
    D-Line still lacks significant pressure in key passing situations. Cowboys are showing some promise, but still not good enough if they want to win in the post season.

• Options
    As long as Murray remains healthy and Romo keeps playing mistake free football, Dallas has a chance. They certainly aren't on an elite level with a D that is now being exposed a bit after playing above their heads earlier in the season, but I can see them winning the East and a playoff game. I don't see them beating GB or even Seattle again, but as AZ showed a few years back when they went all the way to the Super Bowl after winning the West with a 9-7 record, anything can happen once the new season starts in January.

• Options
    Seattle is not that good.......Green Bay is the team to beat!
  • Options

<< <i>Seattle is not that good.......Green Bay is the team to beat! >>

Disagree. Seattle is getting healthy and will only get stronger down the stretch. They will win the West.

• Options
    Winning the West is no feat this year...only division worse is the South.....where you can win with a losing record!!image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy smokes TennisCoach.
    Do you work for the Bleacher Report?

I watched the game and still enjoyed your recap.
    I especially agree with your summary in the last paragraph. My thoughts exactly.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Thanks sparky64, I wrote it because a couple forum members commented they liked one of my earlier posts. I thought this was a pivotal game for the Cowboys season and in past years they struggled against the Bears at Soldier field. On top of that Dallas developed a reputation for playing great in November and then hitting the skids once the calender flipped to December. However this year Dallas carried a road record of 5-0 into this game and looked to be playing with more focus and energy away from home. I guess you could say with all these factors coming together, something had to give.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tim, I hope you have some coin on this game lol >>

I wish I did! Almost dead on with the score, LOL! >>

Good call Tim!

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For football fans, a game recap.

Dallas first drive, Murray misses a block on the end resulting in a sack which takes Cowboys out of FG range.

Pass Interference on Carr on 3rd and 8; Scandrick 6yd tackle for loss helped bring up 3rd and 16.

Romo throws high to Witten on 3rd down.

Bruce Carter gets a piece of the ball and the punter; leads to good field position for Cowboys.
    Murray converts on 4th & 1, Murray converts on 4th and goal TD

Marshall makes big juggling catch , Bears convert on 4th and 7 and Marshall takes a knee to the back from Church and leaves game.
    Bennett wide open for TD

Romo converts 3rd and 15 to Witten. Beasley catches TD pass on 2nd play of the hurry up 2 minute offense just before half.

Dallas makes a lucky strip fumble from Forte. Romo gets flushed from the pocket makes a good touch throw to Beasley for the TD 21-7 Cowboys

Melton deflects a Cutler pass on 3rd down, Harris returns punt for a score but block in the back negates TD

Romo makes a big play to Bryant for 44 yards/ Romo to Escobar for the TD

Dallas pounds on the ground with Murray but finishes with Randall making a great run through the middle and bouncing it to the outside for the score.

Scandrick called for holding keeps drive alive, 2 players miss a sack opportunity on Cutler during the same play, Carr gets beat deep by Jeffrey
    Church blocks the PAT, this virtually never happens, incredible, 35--13 Cowboys early in the 4th.

Murray makes a Big Run down to the 5 yard line, Murray dances around and scampers backward for a huge loss back to the 20. Dallas held to 3 pts

defense becomes lax, Bears score TD, Bears complete 2 pt conversion, Bears make onside kick, Escobar plays the onside kick like a Rookie in need of a remedial special teams class, Bears football.
    Cutler runs around the edge and gives the Bears 2 scores in less than 2 minutes. NFL teams realize no lead is safe as long as Dallas is trying to hold onto it!

This time Dez shows Escobar the proper way to snatch an onside kick so your team isn't ridiculed on twitter.
    Murray makes a big run, Bailey makes a FG because he's cool like that, its what he does.

Scandrick makes good on his sideline tirade by intercepting Cutler in the endzone, Cowboys give testament to being true road warriors.

Romo was efficient, Murray punished the defense all night, Randall and Beasley both made key contributions, Dez did what he could with limited opportuities.
    Witten made 1 key play, Escobar made 1 key play for both teams--way to play neutral Escobar! Terrence Williams, Did he even play in this game? Williams was MIA, AWOL, Milk Carton.

Rolando McClain looks like the steal pick up this year, Scandrick missed a tackle, made a big hit and a key pick to seal the game. Carr was inconsistent as always, Hitchens played well.
    Church made some valuable contributions with the blocked PAT #impossible and by inadvertently removing Marshall from the game.

Overall, Dallas still needs work. The passing game looks stagnant at times missing some easy throws, and that shouldn't happen when the running game sets up so many short yardage situations.
    Murray should not have to carry so much of the load. 41 touches is too much, Dallas should have found more openings against that Bears secondary and not force the O-Line and Murray to win the game for you.
    D-Line still lacks significant pressure in key passing situations. Cowboys are showing some promise, but still not good enough if they want to win in the post season. >>

I agree on the state of the passing game but believe Romo's health might be part of the problem. He has had flashes of his former self but he is not throwing the ball well or moving like he used too. I think they have had to lean hard on Murray because Romo can't consistently make the the throws he has completed for most of his career. If he does not look better after these 10 days off the passing game is going to continue to struggle.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

<< <i>Playing soft because of a big lead will get you beat against a good team!!!!

Luckily, Chicago is not that. I told you not to sweat this game, DM...just listen to me. And you know what? Sea is going to beat Philly this week and Dallas is going to beat Philly in 2 weeks and guess who will control their fate for the NFC East title? Now, in the playoffs, all bets are off, LOL.. >>

What did I tell ya, Dimeman?? Next Sunday, for the division!