Home Stamps Forum
Options

Canadian stamp dealers/Auction companies

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a nice collection of Canadian and provincial stamps.
Can anyone recommend an auction house or fair dealer north of the border?

I have joined Stamp Auction network and seen such companies as Montreal Stamps and Vance for auctions.
Please let me know if you have experience on the sell side with these or other companies.
Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• Options
    Eastern Auctions is the best house in Canada for stamp consignments I suppose. However, you would probably get better prices at a US house (mid-size like Harmer-Schau).
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed the best prices for Canadian stamps would come from a Canadian company.
    Please tell me your experience with Harmer and why my assumption is incorrect.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    I have been in the business as a professional since 1968 (check my website linked below). I have dealt with all the firms and know the plus points and minus points of each. What I don't know is the quality level of your collection. If you call me (number under "contacts" link in my website) I could give you more meaningful insight it those factors.

Regarding market in Canada vs US, you should sell where the money is, not home country in all cases. In fact, only in a few cases with stamps (China, Great Britain, and a few of the other countries) is the market better in home country.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com