Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A pocket change pickup

My wife and I agreed that if I sorted and wrapped all the various change jars around the house then I could spend the result on cards. So I turned my accumulation of spare change into this:

Comments

• Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    Nice. Almost like getting for free! One of my favorite cards
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, really sharp card. If the label was cropped out I'd guess 8.5 all day!

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    very nice! now, how long was the change jar(s) going? I have a 5 gallon water jug that's about 2/3 full. I have been working on it for close to 10 years...kinda hard to fill up considering debit cards these days coupled w/ the wife's parking meter fund. i'm looking forward to and lamenting the day I have to wrap it.

and:

<< <i>Wow, really sharp card. If the label was cropped out I'd guess 8.5 all day! >>

+1
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puts a whole new meaning to spare change.

Congratulations. Really nice card.
    Mike
  • Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    It was probably about 6 years of a non-concerted effort (thus the multiple jars). I'd guess I had a little over a gallon total, which ended up at $224, so you've got a stash there already.

As far as the card, I guess I've absorbed some of the "buy the card, not the holder" wisdom so often dispensed here.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? imageimage

Nice card.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    well kudos and congrats! it's a beaut!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice looking card. Congrats ... so much nicer than looking at:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pickup!! Great looking card!
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice card for some loose change. I always save my change. About 5 years ago I cashed in everything but my pennies. I had over $1100. I probably have $250-300 now. I have a 4 gallon glass pickle jar that is about 2/3 full of pennies. I won't pick it up because I'm afraid the bottom will fall out.
    James
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I'm planning on picking up a PSA 10 '52 Mantle once I get my change organized...

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I always look at my change to see if there are any silver coins before i throw it in the jar...even though silver is low right now, they are still worth about 12x face value and still surface in pocket change from time to time...btw, sweet bench rc!
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

I always (97%) use cash and never spend the change. Put tires on my truck one year, tires on my jeep a couple years later, various other things for the jeep, and am sitting on this past years worth of change. Probably have close to $400 in that 'freebie' savings plan this year. Nice to be able to treat yourself for 'free' once in a while.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife and I agreed that if I sorted and wrapped all the various change jars around the house then I could spend the result on cards. So I turned my accumulation of spare change into this: >>

You must not have kids image Back when I was waiting tables/bartending in college I purchased all of my electronics with change, now it all goes to the little one. Gorgeous Bench RC!