Home Sports Talk
Options

Wonder how Jack Kent Cooke would have felt about the Redskins name controversy?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Text

Probably would have told the detractors to go to hell. One of the last great sports titans.

Comments

• Options
    Quite benevolent as he wisely endowed much of his wealth to the JKC foundation!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow day on the PM forum?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Slow day on the PM forum? >>

Rather active there today. Just contemplating my next move for Wingsrule 2015 investment challenge. Give it a try old boy!
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quite benevolent as he wisely endowed much of his wealth to the JKC foundation!

One of the last great sport titans. >>

I donated some wealth to the KFC foundation the other day . Original recipe all the way image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Quite benevolent as he wisely endowed much of his wealth to the JKC foundation!

One of the last great sport titans. >>

I donated some wealth to the KFC foundation the other day . Original recipe all the way image >>

Never liked that stuff. Except cold the next day!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Slow day on the PM forum? >>

Rather active there today. Just contemplating my next move for Wingsrule 2015 investment challenge. Give it a try old boy! >>

I'm waiting to hear what rawteam thinks before I jump in. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder how Jack Kent Cooke would have felt about the Redskins name controversy? >>

There's no need to wonder. As Wikipedia says, "although often assumed to be a debate of recent origins, the local Washington, DC newspapers have published news items on the controversy many times since at least 1971."

Cooke responded to protests by stating, "There's not a single, solitary jot, tittle, whit chance in the world that the Redskins will adopt a new nickname."
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>Cooke responded to protests by stating, "There's not a single, solitary jot, tittle, whit chance in the world that the Redskins will adopt a new nickname." <<<

+1

I wish the college's would have had that resolve!!!!imageimage
  • Options
    Looks like many scholars and artists have benefitted from his generosity.

Nice to work hard and leave something behind.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like many scholars and artists have benefitted from his generosity.

Nice to work hard and leave something behind. >>

Agreed, though he's no George Soros...