Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I realize what I miss about coins nowadays

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
Happen to buy a truly outstanding ORIGINAL coin this morning at a coin show....sorry already sold it this afternoon...but long story short this coin was truly original beautiful toning and I realized that i truly miss seeing coins like these as they existed years ago....so many coins nowadays are messed with that it felt like a breath of fresh air to truly see something like this and remind me why I love coins....
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think another reason such coins aren't seen often is hidden in your post. Dealer gets a nice, original coin. Dealers sells it almost immediately to a collector who appreciates it for what it is. Collector salts it away for many, many years!

The nice ones don't stay visible for long.
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Any photos?

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The nice ones don't stay visible for long. >>

+1

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I hear you. Does the US Mint hear you also? Maybe they will offer toned Coins soon. Wouldn't that be a blast?

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Happen to buy a truly outstanding ORIGINAL coin this morning at a coin show....sorry already sold it this afternoon...but long story short this coin was truly original beautiful toning and I realized that i truly miss seeing coins like these as they existed years ago....so many coins nowadays are messed with that it felt like a breath of fresh air to truly see something like this and remind me why I love coins.... >>

That is exactly the same experience that rejuvenates a collector's passion.

Tyler
  • Options
    It's a nice one!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The nice ones don't stay visible for long. >>

+1 >>

no, they most certainly do not. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji