Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Love Token 1884 Two Annas (India) S O L D

1884 Indian Two Anna piece, Bombay mint. This has got to be one of the most beautiful coins to use as a love token. Just check out how intricate and delicate the swirly flowers and leaves are!

The 1884 Two Anna piece is a somewhat scarce, semi-key date with a mintage considerably smaller than most of the series. 91.7% pure silver.

Consensus from the US coin forum was that the monogram is "HSC". Nicely executed engraving, toned evenly with the rest of the piece. Given the condition of the coin (XF-AU ish), I'd wager the engraving dates from about the time the coin was minted.

The tone looks original with just a tiny bit of blue and green in the fields around the words. I see no evidence of cleaning. The bale is really well constructed and looks rock-solid.

A couple of die breaks are visible intertwined with the vines at 10:00 and 2:00. You probably can't make them out from the images. They're really small--I need a 10x loupe to see them--but they're pretty cool when you finally pick them out.

Dime shown for size, not included.

Asking $20 plus $2 shipping

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    I believe it is 1 post per day. You started 3 separate threads in just 1 day.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe it is 1 post per day. You started 3 separate threads in just 1 day. >>

Bump.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame