Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

White Plains Show

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
This show is usually the dog of the year...and this one was no different. Didn't come home completely empty handed. I picked up a '74 Munson PSA 9 at a bit over VCP...

Lusted after a PSA 9 '72 Mays In Action which was fantastic, but $695....

As for raw pickups, two '73 All-Time Leaders...

...a '72 Fisk Rookie...it looked like a sure 7 with an outside chance at an 8, so seemed like a decent buy at $45...

...and a very few other nice commons...

Only took me about an hour to unearth those few needles from the haystack of junk. All in all, pretty much as expected!

Comments

• Options
    yea, never cared for the basement shows there
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>yea, never cared for the basement shows there >>

agree 100%, though I miss the Gloria shows that had both the main floor and downstairs and both were always full with dealers and customers.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>though I miss the Gloria shows that had both the main floor and downstairs and both were always full with dealers and customers. >>

+1 ... Went to a few of those back in the 80s ... always a fun show to attend.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    It was a great show in the early 90's too. I drove down to the show a few times from Boston.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those all time leaders cards are phenomenal-- great eye. Props.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Miss those shows. I used to drive down from Hartford on Friday night then maybe back on Sunday..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to 1 show back in the mid-90's when Gloria was in charge. Bought lots of wax. No complaints and enjoyed the show.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".