Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help Identifying....Frank Thomas Pro Vision two card puzzle?? Black, blank back??

I know my Pro Visions collection pretty well by now, but this one has me stumped. The seller didn't know a lot of background on it.

These are a regular card stock, the back is black and blank. They do not look like a modification to an existing card. There were artist proof 5x7 prints made of many Terry Smith works, but those are a thin, glossy paper-type stock.

I found a couple of similar Fleer cards with blank black card stock on the back, but no other information. I would say it could be an error, but the fact that it is two separate, "Puzzle-type" cards I'm not sure

So, not sure what to make of these. Any help would be appreciated.

image[/URL]

image[/URL]
Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
1952 Topps

Comments

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    I would PM BunchOBull, he knows quite a bit about Thomas.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    My understanding is that this is a page from one of T.S.'s books that's been mounted to acid-free backing with acid-free adhesive. A lot of these aftermarket creations have been available in the last year.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Thanks for responding Bunch. That was my first thought as well, but it doesn't line up with any of the Thomas prints I have in Terry Smith books. However, when I look at the cross section of the card sides, it is pretty obvious the card is two-pieced.

At the top of the image, there is a gray bar that looks like it might be part of a larger image. That gray bar is not in any other Thomas Pro Vision print that I have.

Oh well, I guess we will just consider it a hybrid.
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps