Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

D&A Card Reliability on Unopened Wax

Hi All,

So it appears one of their specials is 1986/87 Topps Hockey at $800. Anyone have negative experiences with wax from them?

Thanks!

Comments

• MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I've never had any problems with unopened from them, but I've also never spent anywhere near $800 on unopened.
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never had any problems with unopened from them, but I've also never spent anywhere near $800 on unopened. >>

Therein lies the dilemma. image
  • 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have any issues buying that box from them. Is $800 a good price for that box? I know the OPC box from that year goes for around 1500.

<< <i>I wouldn't have any issues buying that box from them. Is $800 a good price for that box? I know the OPC box from that year goes for around 1500. >>

BBCE sells the box for $1,050.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Just keep in mind that DA is a big buyer of unopened...

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Reed work for D&A before BBCE?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a few vintage football boxes from them and they were good. $800 for a Topps Hockey Box is an OK price. I wouldn't call it a steal, just an OK price.
    Mike
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought a few vintage football boxes from them and they were good. $800 for a Topps Hockey Box is an OK price. I wouldn't call it a steal, just an OK price. >>

If I was looking for a box to rip, I'd consider the $800 one. If this is something that's going to remain unopened, then I'd spend the extra money and have the BBCE box because I'd have to buy the box, ship it here, then ship it to BBCE, then pay the authentication fee/wrapping, then ship back. As said, $800 is an OK price, not a steal.

Best of luck!

<< <i>

<< <i>I bought a few vintage football boxes from them and they were good. $800 for a Topps Hockey Box is an OK price. I wouldn't call it a steal, just an OK price. >>

If I was looking for a box to rip, I'd consider the $800 one. If this is something that's going to remain unopened, then I'd spend the extra money and have the BBCE box because I'd have to buy the box, ship it here, then ship it to BBCE, then pay the authentication fee/wrapping, then ship back. As said, $800 is an OK price, not a steal.

Best of luck! >>

My thoughts exactly. With 10% off, the BBCE box is $945 delivered. That isn't much more if you planned to have the D&A box wrapped by Steve.
    Mike
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    My thoughts exactly. With 10% off, the BBCE box is $945 delivered. That isn't much more if you planned to have the D&A box wrapped by Steve. >>

I have to agree. If you buy the box and send it to BBCE you will end up with $900 or so in the box. Insured shipping to and from BBCE would be around $50. BBCE would charge $50 to authenticate and wrap the box. For an extra $45 buy a box from BBCE and get is within a few days. If you order one from D&A it will take about 2 weeks to get a BBCE wrapped box back in your hands.
    James
    LOL - the one aspect I didn't consider was the 10% off from BBCE right now. That certainly evens the playing field.
    Looks like the 1986-87 Topps Hockey Boxes sold out at $799. I think they had six available. Did you end up buying one?
    Mike