Home Sports Talk
Options

Tiger Woods steamed at Golf Digest.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Text

"Journalistically and ethically, can you sink any lower?" Woods asked in his lengthy takedown of the piece titled "Not True, Not Funny."

Good writers need to get their facts straight, even when veiled as parody!

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's personal between those two. Has been for a long time.

There's no denying that Eldrick is one of the bigger pr!cks to ever grace the PGA tour, but I didn't find that piece to be remotely funny.
  • Options

<< <i>It's personal between those two. Has been for a long time.

There's no denying that Eldrick is one of the bigger pr!cks to ever grace the PGA tour, but I didn't find that piece to be remotely funny. >>

Seems that the shtick was a confluence of a broken Woods, tired sportswriter and a near obsolete print publication.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one cannot stand arrogant sports stars. Tiger has been well known as a jerk for years and another athlete that made me sick was Randy Moss.

These guys are millionaires who had the worship of their fans and don't seem to appreciate their God given gifts. Is it REALLY that hard to treat people with respect?

No sympathy for Tiger.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as each avoids libel, they can write whatever they want...and few people will even read it
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big yawn as far as I'm concerned. Tiger is fast becoming irrelevant both on and off the golf course.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>as long as each avoids libel, they can write whatever they want...and few people will even read it >>

Courts have continuously held that parody was exempt from slander and libel laws. Think Tonight show monologue.
  • Options
    TW's comeback is not going so well. 4 over thru 12.
  • Options
    I have never been a fan of Tiger the individual, but golf just isn't the same without him on top of his game. I know today was just one round, but my goodness. One birdie, four chunked chips, DFL. I hardly recognize this guy anymore.
  • Options
    18 majors is looking unlikely.

This is almost painful to watch.

Text
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiger needs his tour hoes back. That's the only thing that's going to get his mojo back.
  • Options
    Woods got hot on day 2.

4 under for the round thru 16.
  • Options
    Typed two soon. He ended with a double B at 18!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when it was a slam dunk guarantee Woods would break Nicklaus' record for majors? Now, it's a slam dunk guarantee he won't.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Remember when it was a slam dunk guarantee Woods would break Nicklaus' record for majors? Now, it's a slam dunk guarantee he won't. >>

Nicklaus said he still thinks Tiger will break his record. I'd give him about a 25% chance, maybe.
  • Options
    Nicklaus will win another major before Woods will!
  • Options
    The good: El Tigre cracked 70 today.

The bad: He's 20 shots behind Jordan Spieth heading into the final round.

Speaking of JS, it does not suck to be him. He is en fuego......at age 21. Sick, sick game. Dauntless and wise beyond his years.

Strike what I said in my previous post. Jordan.....Rory.....golf is going to be just fine as Tiger and Phil phase out.
  • Options
    Spieth wins at 26 under par. image

JS, Rory and Fowler may take half the majors over the next decade.