Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on PSA Submission for Collectors Club Special

The CC#1 special for the month says a 50 card minimum. I have about 40 thicker pactch cards and 35 others....but don't have 50 of just one or the other...

Am I going to be in trouble to submit based on this language...or does this just mean the patch cards have to be on one with return shipping and the regular cards on another but the total is still over 50 so I am ok?

Here is the PSA Verbiage.

"Regular size, Tallboys, Coins/Pins and Thick/Patch permitted, but each category must be on its own submission form, with its own return shipping fee."

Any input is appreciated

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    As long as the total is 50 you're good. It's just telling you that you have to submit the thick on one form with it's own return shipping and the thin on another form with it's own return shipping. You can send to PSA in one box, but you'll get back in two separate boxes.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to say yes but now reading it I will say no. Must be 50 of the same card type..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wanted to say yes but now reading it I will say no. Must be 50 of the same card type.. >>

I understand it to always be 50 of the same type....you are a bit short for the specials without finding more cards or to piggyback with someone else.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    If you look at the top of the form, you'd fill it out to say "Total number of orders included in this package: 2" and "Total number of collectibles included in this package (all orders): 50" on the first order only, leave this blank on the other orders. Or replace 50 with whatever your total is if higher. You should be able to include any kind of card that is part of this special, so long as you put it on a separate form and include separate shipping. Respectfully disagreeing with the other feedback given here. PSA is closed so I can't call to verify this but you can call them after the holiday if you'd like to confirm.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Thick/Patch is a separate category from Regular Size. need 50 of either category, submitted with its own order form.

Happy Holidays Dave. hope all is well.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    p.s. - i've only been allowed to separate categories to equate a membership voucher of 6 or 15 cards, but my understanding was that the Specials would not be considered for the same treatment.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the good info...Rats...I guess I will have to wait a bit longer for a different special!

Just more money to spend on golf cards I guess image
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just more money to spend on golf cards I guess image >>

Please share some of your favs in the recent 'golf cards' thread image I would love to see what you have!
  • Options
    Here are screen captures of an actual sub of mine that included both regular and tallboy cards on the same special. Now, I did these wrong at the time including them on the same form but they still qualified for a collector's club special which had a 40 card minimum. I would call PSA on Monday and let them settle it.

Here are a couple of scans, in case you are not familiar with the issue to know whether or not it is a tallboy. All of the other cards not circled in the images above fit in the standard size holder.

imageimage

• Options

<< <i>Thick/Patch is a separate category from Regular Size. need 50 of either category, submitted with its own order form.

Happy Holidays Dave. hope all is well. >>

I called PSA today for another question so I decided to clarify this question.

Because a regular card and thick/patch card share the same outline size, they can be added together on a special. Tallboys and Supers would have to be separated because they have a different outline size.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have sent in many subs over the years where as long as I meet the minimum w/ one size, the add-on size is ok. For example, they will let you send in 50 items for standard size holder on one form and 7 items for tallboy size holder on another form, and those 7 tallboy cards will be graded for the same rate per card as the 50 standard size ones on the monthly special. Just hit 50 in one size and you can add other sizes w/o a problem.

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I misunderstood this rule for years and had 6 subs that consisted of regular sized cards and oversized cards on the same sub processed normally and all shipped back together. Never once did they even alert me to my errors.

Since I realized I was doing it wrong, I've broken them up as discussed here.