Home Sports Talk

"The suspension has been vacated,"....Ray Rice is back.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Do you want him on your team?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Patriots dont need him but if they were short on Running Backs then why not? No risk involved, and the NFL has cleared him to play so I dont see any reason why he shouldnt get signed, the biggest think is Ray Rice going to be the "Good" Back he was? His last full season was not that great.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    I guess as long as he takes the stairs when travelling he will be ok!
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what team that is doing well would want the distraction that the media circus will bring?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were the Ray Rice of 5 years ago, he'd still be on the Ravens. He is not the player he once was and not worth the hassle at this point for any team other than maybe the Raiders, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you want him on your team? >>

No but my wife has been stepping outta line lately. I wonder if he would consider coming to Florida image
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Something a little more important and personal to many of us, what are the odds that he gets on a team and makes a statistical contribution week 15 and 16?
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15

<< <i>Something a little more important and personal to many of us, what are the odds that he gets on a team and makes a statistical contribution week 15 and 16? >>

Nil.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is when are these guys (Adrian Peterson the other I am thinking of) going to be punished enough?

No doubt they were wrong in their actions, but just when do we move on, begin to forgive them, and let them resume their careers?

I think that a "first offense" should be taken into consideration, but if they do it again they should be banned.

Edited to answer the question. Both Rice and Peterson should be allowed to return at this time, and I would be OK with them on my team.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

<< <i>Edited to answer the question. Both Rice and Peterson should be allowed to return at this time, and I would be OK with them on my team. >>

So you have no sympathy for Tiger Woods, but these two thugs would be welcome in your city?

Absolutely despise Woods, but his obnoxious behavior in no way approaches the offenses of these two men.

<< <i>

<< <i>Edited to answer the question. Both Rice and Peterson should be allowed to return at this time, and I would be OK with them on my team. >>

So you have no sympathy for Tiger Woods, but these two thugs would be welcome in your city?

Absolutely despise Woods, but his obnoxious behavior in no way approaches the offenses of these two men. >>

I agree with Mglicker, and that is rare in its own right, so I must be correct. image

Then again, I also can't stand Mike Vick being on my local team, either.

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but criminal behavior is criminal behavior....and being able to hit, throw or catch a (bleeping) ball better than others doesn't earn you a special pass for beating your wife, girlfriend, kid or for killing dogs. If anyone reading this did the same thing they'd be in (bleeping) jail and/or unemployed and you darn well know it. Anyone thinking these guys are somehow martyrs or victims needs to check their moral compass.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    No I don't have sympathy for Woods, what should I feel sorry for him for exactly? From what I have heard, he has been behaving poorly for years and has shown no inclination of stopping being a jerk. Don't see where he can be compared to the two football players mentioned. I don't think he's a criminal, just a jerk. Was he banned from playing golf at any time?

I once worked with a guy who sexually abused his adopted daughter, he was also my next door neighbor. He didn't lose his job because of his behavior. He was punished through the court system, received treatment, and was able to remain with the company. His family also forgave him by the way.

I didn't enjoy living next to him or working with him after that, but I also don't think it would have been right to fire him.

If someone is punished by the system in place, sees the error of their ways, and doesn't repeat their offense, they should be given a second chance.

Of course for some crimes the punishment might be imprisonment, in that case they might lose their jobs. I don't for one minute think these guys are martyrs, and I don't feel sorry for them either, I only was talking about when they might be forgiven. Apparently many have no forgiveness in their hearts. We ALL make mistakes.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

<< <i>No I don't have sympathy for Woods, what should I feel sorry for him for exactly? From what I have heard, he has been behaving poorly for years and has shown no inclination of stopping being a jerk. Don't see where he can be compared to the two football players mentioned. I don't think he's a criminal, just a jerk. Was he banned from playing golf at any time?

I once worked with a guy who sexually abused his adopted daughter, he was also my next door neighbor. He didn't lose his job because of his behavior. He was punished through the court system, received treatment, and was able to remain with the company. His family also forgave him by the way.

I didn't enjoy living next to him or working with him after that, but I also don't think it would have been right to fire him.

If someone is punished by the system in place, sees the error of their ways, and doesn't repeat their offense, they should be given a second chance.

Of course for some crimes the punishment might be imprisonment, in that case they might lose their jobs. I don't for one minute think these guys are martyrs, and I don't feel sorry for them either, I only was talking about when they might be forgiven. Apparently many have no forgiveness in their hearts. We ALL make mistakes. >>

A guy conviced of sexually abusing a minor was able to both keep his job and was forgiven by the family? Ugh.

ETA: It wouldn't have been right to fire him? Isn't sexual abuse of a minor a felony? Absolutely his employer had every right to fire him. Amazing he didn't go to prison, actually.

<< <i>If someone is punished by the system in place, sees the error of their ways, and doesn't repeat their offense, they should be given a second chance. >>

Depends on the offense. Guys beating up other people never seem to learn their lesson.

<< <i>

<< <i>No I don't have sympathy for Woods, what should I feel sorry for him for exactly? From what I have heard, he has been behaving poorly for years and has shown no inclination of stopping being a jerk. Don't see where he can be compared to the two football players mentioned. I don't think he's a criminal, just a jerk. Was he banned from playing golf at any time?

Of course for some crimes the punishment might be imprisonment, in that case they might lose their jobs. I don't for one minute think these guys are martyrs, and I don't feel sorry for them either, I only was talking about when they might be forgiven. Apparently many have no forgiveness in their hearts. We ALL make mistakes. >>

A guy conviced of sexually abusing a minor was able to both keep his job and was forgiven by the family? Ugh.

ETA: It wouldn't have been right to fire him? Isn't sexual abuse of a minor a felony? Absolutely his employer had every right to fire him. Amazing he didn't go to prison, actually. >>

He spent time in the workhouse. Many of his co workers thought he should be fired. He was able to keep his family together in the long run. I saw some of the family issues while they tried to make it work, and it didn't look like it was going to happen, but it did. Turns out they were able to heal.

I am sure it would have been in the companies rights to fire him, they chose to give him another chance. I am not sure of the details, but he claimed there was no intercourse, so I don't know if he was convicted of a felony. He admitted his crime and went into treatment immediately.

"Good" law abiding citizens aren't the ones who need help and forgiveness.

Yes it depends on the offense. I did threaten his life if he ever touched my daughter, glad it never came to that.