Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE eBay sales and combined shipping

Does BBCE really not offer combined shipping on multiple item eBay purchases? I had ten items in my shopping cart, but when I hit "request total from seller" I received a message saying the seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.

Comments

• Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Been a while since I bought off eBay with them, but you can always email and see if Rick can do anything.
  • Options
    Call them
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll contact them if I need to. Thanks.
  • Options
    It's an eBay setting issue. I'm sure they do offer it - just "contact the seller" and request it. You'll be fine.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David, is immediate payment being required to purchase each lot? If not, just wait for the invoice. I have aways received combined shipping charges for multiple items when purchasing on ebay from BBCE.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try to work it out.
  • Options
    The buy it now system always confuses me now.

It seems there are two options. Hit buy it now and be forced to pay immediately. Or put multiple items into your shopping cart. You are then prompted to pay immediately for the whole cart....or you can request a total from the seller, as I tried (and failed) to do.

Is there another way? If so, I don't see it.
  • Options

<< <i>The buy it now system always confuses me now.

It seems there are two options. Hit buy it now and be forced to pay immediately. Or put multiple items into your shopping cart. You are then prompted to pay immediately for the whole cart....or you can request a total from the seller, as I tried (and failed) to do.

Is there another way? If so, I don't see it. >>

I never use the shopping cart. I just hit the BIN button. Some sellers do require immediate paypal payment. In those cases, the combined shipping would be an issue because each purchase will include a shipping charge. But IIRC, BBCE does not require immediate payment in order to hit the BIN. In those cases, just wait the invoice and pay through my ebay with revised combined shipping charge.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Edited to add: nevermind!!
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sure you're sending it to the right email address? I emailed them once on a Saturday, expecting a Mon/Tue response. Steve responded personally within an hour. I actually felt bad for emailing him on the weekend, especially for such a stupid question.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a business out there that's perfect. But I believe that Steve genuinely wants to make his customers happy and does his best to see that that's the case.
  • Options
    I had actually completed the transaction without the combined shipping because I couldn't figure out what else to do. I had paid $18 in shipping for 9 cards. I just contacted Steve. I received a response in 20 minutes, and he refunded THE ENTIRE $18, thereby giving me free shipping on the whole order.

BBCE's infrastructure isn't always perfect, but their customer service and courtesy can't be beat!!
  • Options

<< <i>I had actually completed the transaction without the combined shipping because I couldn't figure out what else to do. I had paid $18 in shipping for 9 cards. I just contacted Steve. I received a response in 20 minutes, and he refunded THE ENTIRE $18, thereby giving me free shipping on the whole order.

BBCE's infrastructure isn't always perfect, but their customer service and courtesy can't be beat!! >>

Steve is top notch, no question about it~glad it all worked out, and even better than expected!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Glad to see that it all worked out well!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.