Home Sports Talk
Options

Cowboys get crushed by Eagles on Turkey day.........

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm going out on a limb here. Grote and some others say I don't have enough faith in my team.

So here it is The Cowboys are going to pluck the birds on Turkey day and make me the happiest fan in football!! image

Romo over 300 yards passing....3 TD's.....NO int's.

Murray over 125 yards rushing.

Defense 3 sacks.......4 take aways including a pic 6.

image How is this for faith???image

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A valiant effort, DM, but I believe this prediction is based more on hate for the Eagles than faith in the 'Boys, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the prediction is right. Not an Eagles fan
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    There's faith and then there are jinx threads. I hope you didn't do us inimage
  • Options
    >>>There's faith and then there are jinx threads. I hope you didn't do us in <<<

ME TOO!!!!

And I do hate the eagles with every fiber of my being!!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Putting a lot of faith in Romo! Good luck.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Ruh roh.......
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    This aint looking good for the home team.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Looks like romo and his boys are the ones getting crushed. Sorta like a can of crushed tomato's.
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Terrible play calling as well...only 12 pass attempts when they are down this much halfway through the 3rd? Crazy...
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is that pick 6 image
  • Options

<< <i>Terrible play calling as well...only 12 pass attempts when they are down this much halfway through the 3rd? Crazy... >>

If your the Cowboys, what do you do? This is the "Bad Romo"?
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    This is not the bad Romo. This is a Romo forcing stuff when nothing else is there. That interception didn't make it any worse than a punt...

Honestly, he should have never been put in this situation. They pushed the run too much...

The team sucks anyways, but they would have had a chance if they would have been throwing more. This should have been a fun game to watch at the least...

Hopefully the Seattle game will be better...
  • Options

Mark Sanchez looks pretty good today.

The term butt fumble is actually in wikipedia image .

I'm curious to see what he can do with this lifeline he's been thrown . 2011 showed he had some talent

• Options

<< <i>Mark Sanchez looks pretty good today.

I'm curious to see what he can do with this lifeline he's been thrown . 2011 showed he had some talent >>

One thing is for sure, when a guy can say Sanchez looks pretty good today and not be on an LSD trip, things are upside-down
    in NFL land! Not that I didnt expect Phili to win, I did. But for Sanchez to be the hero... I couldnt predict thatimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mark Sanchez looks pretty good today.

I'm curious to see what he can do with this lifeline he's been thrown . 2011 showed he had some talent >>

One thing is for sure, when a guy can say Sanchez looks pretty good today and not be on an LSD trip, things are upside-down
    in NFL land! Not that I didnt expect Phili to win, I did. But for Sanchez to be the hero... I couldnt predict thatimage >>

Give the guy a break man , he's had it tough coming from the wrong side of the tracks. By that I mean the jets , not USC although ...........image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Simply outplayed tonight. The Eagle's d stepped up big.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I knew when the game started, that the Cowboys would lose.

They never win when they wear the blue jerseys!

What were they thinking wearing blue? image

Steve
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't get much easier for the "boys",next 3 of 4 are on the road.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    >>>They never win when they wear the blue jerseys!<<<<

I was thinking the same thing!!! Why would they do that when they didn't have to!!! When the Cardinals were in STL their owner would make the Cowboys wear the blues......we still beat them most of the time!image

ARGH! I didn't get to see the game because of a family function. But looking at the box score it looked like a total meltdown.

Everything pretty much went just the opposite of my pick. Sorry Cowboy fans.image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Sanchez is finally getting his mental state of mind back together and in football mode after dealing with many distractions, including: 1. Dating Paris Hilton; and 2. Playing for the Jets.
  • Options
    Sanchez is a perfect illustration of how important a QB's supporting cast is on his performance.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Won't get much easier for the "boys",next 3 of 4 are on the road. >>

Actually the road is exactly where Dallas wants to be, they are 5-0 on the road this year. Lately it's been that home field disadvantage where a lot of Cowboy fans sell their tickets to opposing teams, what's up with that! Visiting team has the ball and everyone is looking up at the jumbo-tron instead of making noise. The Cowboys didn't help by digging themselves such a large hole. What happened on that play where it was 3rd and long and Maclin gets wide open along the sideline, cuts back through the middle, breaks two open field 1 on 1 tackles and goes for 58 yards. Another example of the Cowboys fine play today was when Barry Church runs straight into Dwayne Harris as he is fielding the punt, great job guys, way to look like professionals out there!

Even when Dallas knocked the ball out of Sanchez' hands there is no Cowboys player around to pick it up. You know things are bad when an Eagles defender gets right in Dez Bryant's grill, doesn't look back for the ball at all, grabs two fistfulls of jersey, and yanks down on Dez shoulder and no call is made. Romo tells the ref to look up at the play, the guy isn't even trying to play the ball.

Then Romo throws a pick and Terrence Williams touches the guy so he can't get up and run and then an Eagles player blind sides him. Later on Dwayne Harris blocks through an Eagles player on a legal play and he gets flagged for a personal foul. If your going to allow one side to blind side a player then the refs shouldn't throw flags on legal hits.

Plain and simple, the Eagles D got pressure, stopped the run, and made tackles. The Cowboys D got very little pressure, missed many tackles, and allowed the Eagles recievers to gain many yards after the catch and their running game to flourish. The Cowboys D still has several areas to clean up if they want to compete with the more athletic offenses in the league. Players like McCoy, Maclin, Sproles, and Matthews create match-up problems for the Cowboys D.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great recap TC. I noticed all of those things too.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great recap TC. I noticed all of those things too. >>

Agreed, and I have to add how terrible the OL played. Leary has held his own all year and did an especially good job against Watt earlier in the season but struggled yesterday. I am very eager to see how they play next Thursday as they need a win and a strong showing. As a fan I feel like the coaching staff got more out of last years less talented roster than the players on this year's team.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great recap TC. I noticed all of those things too. >>

Thanks for the kind words, I'll try to give an objective account of the Cowboys vs. Bears game too. I am kind of interested to see what Dallas does with their safeties, I know they would like them to help out against two big receivers in Marshall and Jefferies; but what happens if Forte is having success? Do you bring a safety closer to the line to help with run support and risk having one of the receivers in single coverage? Some tough decisions are going to have to be made in that defensive meeting room this week.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    Forte is also one of the best receiving backs in the league, so if Dallas stacks the line, they may get burned. Marshall has been a colossal disappointment this season, though Jeffery has come on of late. Unfortunately, Chicago is so dysfunctional at this point that they typically find a way to lose regardless.

The big difference in my mind during the Dallas-Philly game was the pass protection. Against the Giants, Romo had all day to throw and executed well. Against Philly, he was harrassed and hit, and showed signs of "Bad Tony" (as Dimeman would call it, lol) by forcing the ball into coverage and not getting the balkl downfield with the usual zip. The back is also going to be a factor if he keeps getting hurried/hit.

• Options
    Forte is also one of the best receiving backs in the league, so if Dallas stacks the line, they may get burned. Marshall has been a colossal disappointment this season, though Jeffery has come on of late. Unfortunately, Chicago is so dysfunctional at this point that they typically find a way to lose regardless.

The big difference in my mind during the Dallas-Philly game was the pass protection. Against the Giants, Romo had all day to throw and executed well. Against Philly, he was harrassed and hit, and showed signs of "Bad Tony" (as Dimeman would call it, lol) by forcing the ball into coverage and not getting the balkl downfield with the usual zip. The back is also going to be a factor if he keeps getting hurried/hit.

• Options
    Yes, the Bear game is going to be tuff........we hardly ever win in Chicago.

Then the week after to go to Philly and play them again.......then off to Indy!

ARGH! It will be a telling time.