Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

I have 26.80 90% low grade silver for 11x face plus $12 shipping (or $6 if you want to risk without insurance).

image[/URL]

image[/URL]
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-...=10&_ssn=infoflexsales

Plenty of high dollar transactions :
jdimmick, commoncents05, Smittys, guitarwes

Comments

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Someone gave me a "Quick education about buying 90% silver. 3 things are important........

1) Face Value (Sorry, that's a known - $26.80)
    2) Weight
    3) Condition

So, can you answer #2 & #3 please??

Thanks
  • Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    ajia, you can see the condition in his photos. I'd tend to concur in the other category though, of the weight.
  • Options
    GerardGerard Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭
    All very good questions. I think the picture and the price should tip you off that the weight is below spec.
    The weight of this lot is 1.32 lbs or 4.95 lbs/$100. Well below minimum specs for junk silver at 5.4lbs/$100.
    That is why the price is 12x face instead of the normal 13.2x (maybe 13x since silver is down) wholesale rate.
    I will consider offers of 11.5x face for this lot.

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I may be way off here,especially since this is physical silver, but COINflation lists 90% silver at 11.8x face for full weight coins with silver at $16.31oz.
    I am not wealthy enough to work in pounds of silver.
    Am I off here??
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    heres some free advice gerard, don't accept paypal without the buyer paying the insurance, the last thing you want on this deal is for the coins to "not arrive" and you have to refund the paypal payment. cover your ...
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>heres some free advice gerard, don't accept paypal without the buyer paying the insurance, the last thing you want on this deal is for the coins to "not arrive" and you have to refund the paypal payment. cover your ... >>

Is 90% insurable if sent thru the USPS?
  • Options
    If the buyer chooses not to insure he assumes the risk should it not arrive.
    This is a good option to provide since many on the board are dealers and
    their insurance covers it. There are also those who trust USPS which
    I am becoming one of. I have shipped over 40 packages via USPS without a hitch !

• Options
    if its sent registered I would believe so, if not I would believe there is a way to send it insured, just hate to see this guy get beat up any more on this deal
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    "If the buyer chooses not to insure he assumes the risk should it not arrive." I doubt paypal would agree with you if it should get lost but its your deal, good luck
  • Options
    If the buyer chooses to assume the risk to save $6 then files a paypal dispute for non-arrival,
    its time to start another thread to oust the member !

• Options
    im just saying, be careful. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, there seems to be a growing number of members here "boasting" about their knowledge of how to game a seller, IE bidding on no return auctions with lousy pics, the item isn't what they hoped for so its not as described, not that they could have possibly known what they were bidding on to begin with but there is no more personal responsibility, gamblers that don't mind gambling as long as they don't take any risk. BS like that
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    A buyer should never, under any circumstances pay for insurance... Not his responsibility, although many try to make it his... U can't guarantee delivery or refund on non delivery, don't sell and no one should buy from one who doesn't...
    keceph `anah