Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Would this be a useful registry feature?

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
Every now and then, I get e-mails trying to match up my registry sets with coins being sold on Collector's Corner. Would it be a welcome addition to the registry to allow you to flag some of your registered coins as "for sale"? Such coins could be included in such mailings sent to other collectors looking for your coins? Also, someone could cruise or query the registry looking for stuff collectors have for sale. I suppose it could be restricted to Collector's Club members so as not to undermine revenue from dealers advertising on Collector's Corner.

Comments

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin's location on the My Inventory can be set to "For Sale" I was thinking there was some way to search this feature, but I've never actually looked for it.
  • Options
    I think it's only for your own information, and not visible or searchable by anyone else. I wasn't even aware it was there.
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay...you motivated me to take a look.

PCGS Set Registry Want List Connection

It looks like it can be done. Not a widely promoted feature to the registry, but can certainly see where it'd be useful. Another BST type of opportunity made possible by PCGS.

EDIT - To add, I guess it's not exactly the same thing as you can't see what others have available, only what they are looking for so you can determine if you want to meet any of their needs.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a useful Registry tool would be to not receive unsolicited e-mails.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    it would be sweet to check a box in my inventory that tags a coin for sale and links it to collectors corner
    surely alot better images would be found on collectors corner by doing so too

the couple times i've looked at collectors corner...
    it was filled with terrible images or non existent images on coins for sale
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think a useful Registry tool would be to not receive unsolicited e-mails. >>

this too
    check a box as not to receive emails
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it would be sweet to check a box in my inventory that tags a coin for sale and links it to collectors corner
    surely alot better images would be found on collectors corner by doing so too

the couple times i've looked at collectors corner...
    it was filled with terrible images or non existent images on coins for sale >>

Most items I ever found there were already sold. image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think a useful Registry tool would be to not receive unsolicited e-mails. >>

this too
    check a box as not to receive emails >>

This feature does just the opposite, they are asking for a email from someone that has what they want.
  • Options

<< <i>EDIT - To add, I guess it's not exactly the same thing as you can't see what others have available, only what they are looking for so you can determine if you want to meet any of their needs. >>

Yeah, what I want completes what the want list starts. I want to be able to see what's out there as well as what people want.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,481 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really mind the emails as much as I mind that they are all pointing to the same sellers who happen to be asking PCGS Price Guide Values which immediately devalues the coin in the real world.

I'd kinda like to see what other "like" registry participants have for sale.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file