Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Experiences with Heritage Auctions Excessively DELAYED Shipping Practices

Why is it that every time I win something in one of Heritage's auctions:

1) I get an invoice that says "Due Now" on it within 48 hours of the end of the auction (just about all the other AH's
usually mark the invoices due within 14 days)

2) I pay the invoice within 48 hours

3) They don't ship for a minimum of 2-3 weeks?

I called them up to inquire about the status of my order and they gave me some BS story about needing to wait a minimum
of 5 days after my e-check clear in case the bank decides to reverse the funds. No other AH does this.

On that call they also told me that my 5-day waiting period was going to be completed that day so I would have an email
from them with shipping status the next day....still no email and its been a week since I spoke to them.

How does this outfit stay in business with lousy service like this?

Is it just me, or do others have the same experience?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    You are not alone. I hate paying top-dollar prices for questionable, delayed service. The consolation prize is that I can at least laugh at some of the incorrect, glowing item descriptions.

I will add that I've received items relatively quickly when paypal is an option for payment (applicable only up to a certain low $ threshold).
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    they are the slowest shippers of all the auction houses. Sterling is probably the fastest.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    i'm still trying to figure out how to pay. I specifically asked if I could pay via paypal. in which, they replied yes, 4 days later. every time they send me an invoice it says I can only pay via echeck. now they are trying to charge me 3%. I've now asked for them to send me an invoice thru paypal and still have no response.

baffled and probably wont ever use them again.
  • Options
    60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Heritage charges sales tax to buyers in three different states.........CA ,TX andI I think NY.
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    So frustrating. I paid immediately by paypal direct transfer (not e check) and shipping still was delayed. As far as legendary, I agree the shipping is insane. They charged $59 shipping for 1 card that was less than $5000.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    gotta say I never had a problem. I am not big fish and they usually ship my stuff before I pay. The signature auction stuff ships usually wednesday or thursday after the auction ends , the weekly auctions usually ship tuesday or wednesday regardless if I pay or not.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is it that every time I win something in one of Heritage's auctions:

1) I get an invoice that says "Due Now" on it within 48 hours of the end of the auction (just about all the other AH's
    usually mark the invoices due within 14 days)

2) I pay the invoice within 48 hours

3) They don't ship for a minimum of 2-3 weeks?

I called them up to inquire about the status of my order and they gave me some BS story about needing to wait a minimum
    of 5 days after my e-check clear in case the bank decides to reverse the funds. No other AH does this.

On that call they also told me that my 5-day waiting period was going to be completed that day so I would have an email
    from them with shipping status the next day....still no email and its been a week since I spoke to them.

How does this outfit stay in business with lousy service like this?

Is it just me, or do others have the same experience? >>

What did you win? I'm betting one of the 70s sets that I got outbid on. image
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    i talked to them today as well - they're backed up due "to the holiday" image

i had to giggle a little at that one

it's going to be 4 weeks from payment to delivery at least

by the way, you can extra to get it shipped quicker if you want
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I called them today and got the same story. Shipping is backed up, but your items are with them and they should go out tomorrow.

I won't hold my breath.

I would never consign to Heritage, as this kind of customer service must be depressing their bids.

Dave
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    finally got my answer today and because my purchases were over $5000 they now want to charge me a 3% processing fee to use paypal. complete bs.
  • Options
    Has anyone received items yet?

I have not, and payment was made within minutes of invoice receipt.
  • Options
    Paid 3 weeks ago, still nothing here either.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”