Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is CU becoming Facebook?

Just waiting for the "what I made for breakfast while waiting for the mailman to bring my PSA order" and the "how much I paid for gas taking my PSA order to the post office" threads...

I appreciate everyone's passion for collecting and realize that the breadth of collecting budgets and tastes across this board are expansive, but the minutiae that some have burdened the board with borders on scary...

It could just me. Maybe it is the onset of the holiday season and the anticipation of impending aggravation that seems to accompany it and the fact that the Giants season is over before carving the turkey. Maybe it is just a few people that have to post every little thing that happens in their lives. Or, it could just be me...

Comments

• Options
    So you don't want to know what I had for lunch?
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    last nite i saved a green flying bug from certain death in our ceiling fan by capturing him in the palm of my hand and setting him free into the breeze, although the direction of the wind may have carried him over the freeway, in which case he would have wound up as a smear on some trucker's passenger side window, unless it was rolled down and the darn thing flew directly into his girlfriend's babbling trap.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    her name is bubbles.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It's hard enough to keep up with the blistering pace of this forum without all the breakfast and stool posts.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Thanksgiving day game between the Lions and Bears is on CBS.
  • Options
    I shot Bird when he struggled for my sling shot. Some say his wings were up. Thats not the way I saw it. Don't worry, I fried him and ate him. All is good!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still trying to figure out how the Thanksgiving day game between the Lions and Bears is on CBS. >>

particularly impressive that they hired Lindsey Nelson to do the play-by-play.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Or, it could just be me... >>

+1
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm still trying to figure out how the Thanksgiving day game between the Lions and Bears is on CBS. >>

particularly impressive that they hired Lindsey Nelson to do the play-by-play. >>

Loved him in the umpire scene in Naked Gun

• Options
  • Options
    Oh Snap! Someone just set oscars garbage can on fire! Oh the humanity!!!!!! Be right back! I hear the sesame street liquor store is having a fire sale!
  • Options
    I do not have facebook for that reason. I own a business. A lot of time is wasted during work hours on this bs.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Good threads get quickly buried under a lot of these FB kind of posts.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me why people of the Caucasian persuasion like Wayne Brady so much?
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

<< <i>Can someone please tell me why people of the Caucasian persuasion like Wayne Brady so much? >>

youtube dave chappell wayne brady skit. still one of the funniest things ever.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I think it just moved.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

particularly impressive that they hired Lindsey Nelson to do the play-by-play. >>

"The Bears were unable to move the ball so we move ahead to further action..."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i> It could just me >>

Ya think? image
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On facebook sometimes I can get people to "like" me. In real life nobody does. image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, not a bad question posed by the OP. Some uncanny resemblances here lately. After much deliberation, I've decided that I'm not going to raise my own personal level of concern. That is, until I one day log in and see the following:

no new message(s).
    (4) new pokes.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OPs initial passive-aggressive post would seem to fit in on FB quite nicely... if one were a 15 year old HS girl. Unless this was tongue-in-cheek, I'm befuddled.

Aren't all collectors obsessed with minutiae? I don't see how the board is 'burdened' by any posting having to do with sports cards or memorabilia. If there's something you're not interested in, it's pretty easy to ignore and move on. Poop in a box really doesn't interest me (I'm more of a flaming bag on the doorstep of those deserving kind of guy), but I don't feel the need to compare it to Twitter.
  • Options
    eh. whatev. always been more of a Faceplant guy, anyways.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm much more sarcastic and far more of an a. $$ hole on Facebook. So, no. image
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a minute, I thought about doing something other than staring at the CU forums. Then I decided against doing so, and here I am!
  • Options

<< <i>Aren't all collectors obsessed with minutiae? I don't see how the board is 'burdened' by any posting having to do with sports cards or memorabilia. If there's something you're not interested in, it's pretty easy to ignore and move on. >>

I wish this WAS Facebook, so I could "like" this.
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only person not on Facebook.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Aren't all collectors obsessed with minutiae? I don't see how the board is 'burdened' by any posting having to do with sports cards or memorabilia. If there's something you're not interested in, it's pretty easy to ignore and move on. >>

I wish this WAS Facebook, so I could "like" this. >>

Yes indeed image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Oprah's message board ever discusses cards or memorabilia?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if Oprah's message board ever discusses cards or memorabilia?

IMF >>

Just admit you already know the answer so no one else has to go to the land of O.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    To the initial question, I hope there always will be a fb component here. If we robotically stay on topic it's boring. I think the balance is fine as long as hobby topics aren't bumped off the 1st page or completely surrounded by other things. Right now, neither is the case.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    There was an "open forum" on here at one time, but it got out of hand, so CU removed it!!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as nobody wants to share candy crush lives, I am cool with it.

edit.... Ralph: I am still a fan.image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I would just like to not contribute....

yup
  • Options

<< <i>There was an "open forum" on here at one time, but it got out of hand, so CU removed it!! >>

pssst. don't tell anyone, but this is about as close as we can get without changing the name. image