Smoltz
Biggio

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pedro
    Randy Johnson
    Smoltz

Biggio will probably get in this year but I don't think HOF when I hear his name. I just don't

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    RJ, Pedro, and Biggio.

Biggio just missed by 2 votes last year.

Smoltz will get in, but not this year - too many pitchers.
    Capecards
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I like Pedro for sure.
    Maybe Smoltz and Johnson
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pedro
    Randy Johnson
    Smoltz

Biggio will probably get in this year but I don't think HOF when I hear his name. I just don't

MJ >>

I don't think HOF with Smoltz, which is why I had to look back and recall how he was pretty dominant for a few years as a reliever. Who else has done that...awesome starting pitching and great relief pitching? Other than Eck.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pedro
    Randy Johnson
    Smoltz

MJ >>

I don't think HOF with Smoltz, which is why I had to look back and recall how he was pretty dominant for a few years as a reliever. Who else has done that...awesome starting pitching and great relief pitching? Other than Eck. >>

That and his utter dominance in the post season as a starter. 15-4

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    When was the last time four guys were inducted at once? Unless some voters that voted for Biggio decide not to this year, four is possible.

Smoltz is the one who may just miss the cut this year. The other three are locks.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez for sure. Both were amazing pitchers more than worthy of the honor. When I think HOF, I don't think Biggio or Smoltz. I feel they were really good, but not Hall Of Famers.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    The Unit,Pedro and Biggio,Smoltz is iffy for this year he will just miss.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson for sure. Probably Biggio but I think Smoltz will have to wait 1 or 2 years then he gets in.

Matt
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like Pedro for sure.
    Maybe Smoltz and Johnson >>

We are all entitled to our opinions, but it's hard to take seriously anyone who says "maybe Johnson." He won five Cy Youngs, and won more than 300 games. He is the all time leader in Ks/9 innings, and 2nd all time in Ks. What did he need to do to get off the bubble. Eight of his ten best comps are in the HOF. The two who are not are Clemens (steroid issue) and Mussina (who may well get in).

My ballot:

Bagwell
    Biggio
    Johnson
    Martinez
    Mussina
    Raines
    Smoltz
    Trammell
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pedro and Johnson are stone cold mortal locks. Smoltz has a very good chance, too. Biggio has a shot. No one else does this year, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my ballot:

Randy Johnson
    Pedro Martinez
    Tim Raines
    John Smoltz
    Craig Biggio
    Mike Piazza
    Jeff Bagwell
    Roger Clemens
    Barry Bonds
    Curt Schilling

Steve
  • Options
    announcement tomorrow!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Johnsons, Martinez, Smoltz, and Biggio get in this year. Piazza and Bagwell will both be close.

Just looking at the ballot, I would vote for:

Johnson
    Martinez
    Smoltz
    Biggio
    Piazza
    Bagwell
    Raines
    Sheffield
    Mussina
    Kent
    McGriff

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    PEDRO
    Randy
    Smolts
    Kent
    Biggio
    Edgar Martinez
    Lee Smith
    Schill
    Jack Morris
    Raines
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Pedro
    Randy Johnson
    Smoltz

MJ >>

I don't think HOF with Smoltz, which is why I had to look back and recall how he was pretty dominant for a few years as a reliever. Who else has done that...awesome starting pitching and great relief pitching? Other than Eck. >>

That and his utter dominance in the post season as a starter. 15-4

MJ >>

• Options
    Eckersley?
  • Options
    Sorry you did mention Eck!
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry you did mention Eck! >>

we Sox fans don't forget about Eckersley! He's destined for the Boston Baseball Broadcasters Hall of Fame too (if there was such a thing). He's fun to listen to as color commentator.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eck couldn't hold Smoltz's jock as a starter. Only reason he was in the pen in the first place is he'd failed as a starter. His reign as a top closer was shorter than most think, too, but that's for another day.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Eck couldn't hold Smoltz's jock as a starter. Only reason he was in the pen in the first place is he'd failed as a starter. His reign as a top closer was shorter than most think, too, but that's for another day. >>

I'm not taking sides, but I must disagree with you assertion that he failed as a starter. He won over 100 games as a starter, had a 20 win season, and was twice in the top ten in the CY voting.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Eck couldn't hold Smoltz's jock as a starter. Only reason he was in the pen in the first place is he'd failed as a starter. His reign as a top closer was shorter than most think, too, but that's for another day. >>

I'm not taking sides, but I must disagree with you assertion that he failed as a starter. He won over 100 games as a starter, had a 20 win season, and was twice in the top ten in the CY voting. >>

You're right. I worded that poorly. He had stopped being successful as a starter. He wasn't a total failure by any means but he was pretty bad in 1983, 1984 and 1986, which led to him not even getting a shot at the rotation in Oakland. He was still nowhere near Smoltz's class as a starter.