Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Steiner Sports - Wow, that was quick!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    ummmm....that's almost too fast. I assume they are located in NY?
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    He actually has a signing scheduled tonight with Steiner. They photoshopped those pics (they are same signature)
    The signing schedule is seen here;
    http://www.steinersports.com/upcoming-signings.html
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    You are correct Jeff ... was just showing how quickly they jumped on that catch. They are pre-orders.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    why wasn't someone waiting at the back of the end zone with a Sharpie? in fact, how soon until that is precisely what will now happen at all NFL games? image
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Terrell Owens brought his own sharpie and everybody got mad. This is a wishy washy world we live in.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yup. T.O. was a visionary and way ahead of the learning curve. image
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I just can't justify spending one dime on ugly scribble that athletes these days calls an 'autograph'.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm sorry, but I just can't justify spending one dime on ugly scribble that athletes these days calls an 'autograph'. >>

+1
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Steiners Motto : You'll never make more money than me"
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sorry, but I just can't justify spending one dime on ugly scribble that athletes these days calls an 'autograph'. >>

it's not scribble - it's clearly "O" and "B"

not uncommon anymore for "initials" signatures, i just wish he's put his number on there too - although in reality i guess that's actually what he's doing with the "B"
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Why is $69.99 and the other $99.99 ?
  • Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is $69.99 and the other $99.99 ? >>

one is an 8x10 and the other is a 16x20
  • Options

Different sized photos
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I'll sell you mine for the low low low low price of $19.99... and wait there's more!! If you order in the next ten minutes you will receive a 2nd one free!!! That's two autos for $19.99!!

[URL=http://s967.photobucket.com/user/repoman2000/media/ScannedImage-4.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Ever notice when you yell in the library all of the strange looks you get, but when you yell on a plane...everyone yells with you!!
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

one is an 8x10 and the other is a 16x20 >>

Thanks. I missed that.
  • Options

<< <i>

not uncommon anymore for "initials" signatures, i just wish he's put his number on there too - although in reality i guess that's actually what he's doing with the "B" >>

Just because it's not uncommon for modern day athletes, it doesn't mean it's not pure slop that I will never waste my money on. How anyone could get any enjoyment out of that type of scribble autograph is beyond me. These modern athletes need to look back at how the greats like Musial, Mantle, Ted Williams, Ruth, Killebrew, etc... signed their names. Now those are some beautiful signatures. Sadly, these modern day athlete scribble signatures just shows how far our society has fallen, in my opinion. Back in the day, players cared about their fans and took pride in their signature. Those days seem to have gone away for the most part.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    soon that photo will be in reprint

get him at a later date.....

since I only collect hofers he is a long time away from my radar..

mr musial is spot on....

ever see a bad killer auto. he took the time to create a work of art i do have an eddie Mathews ball that was signed drunk....auto
    runs off the ball but that's another story
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>soon that photo will be in reprint

get him at a later date.....

since I only collect hofers he is a long time away from my radar..

mr musial is spot on....

ever see a bad killer auto. he took the time to create a work of art i do have an eddie Mathews ball that was signed drunk....auto
    runs off the ball but that's another story
    . >>

The true rarity is Eddie Mathews sober sig. Doubt there are many out there.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>These modern athletes need to look back at how the greats like Musial, Mantle, Ted Williams, Ruth, Killebrew, etc... signed their names. >>

There are some great stories on the Internet about how Killebrew would sit down with the rookies each year and tell them how important it was to have a nice signature when you were signing for fans.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

not uncommon anymore for "initials" signatures, i just wish he's put his number on there too - although in reality i guess that's actually what he's doing with the "B" >>

Just because it's not uncommon for modern day athletes, it doesn't mean it's not pure slop that I will never waste my money on. How anyone could get any enjoyment out of that type of scribble autograph is beyond me. These modern athletes need to look back at how the greats like Musial, Mantle, Ted Williams, Ruth, Killebrew, etc... signed their names. Now those are some beautiful signatures. Sadly, these modern day athlete scribble signatures just shows how far our society has fallen, in my opinion. Back in the day, players cared about their fans and took pride in their signature. Those days seem to have gone away for the most part. >>

The fans are partly to blame though. Back when Musial and those other guys were playing, they didn't sign an autograph and then see it for sale on ebay the next day.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Doug!

I so want to pay 70 clams for a scribble on a mass produced photo.

Emmitt says "me no likey for 70 bill$$."
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just because it's not uncommon for modern day athletes, it doesn't mean it's not pure slop that I will never waste my money on. How anyone could get any enjoyment out of that type of scribble autograph is beyond me. These modern athletes need to look back at how the greats like Musial, Mantle, Ted Williams, Ruth, Killebrew, etc... signed their names. Now those are some beautiful signatures. Sadly, these modern day athlete scribble signatures just shows how far our society has fallen, in my opinion. Back in the day, players cared about their fans and took pride in their signature. Those days seem to have gone away for the most part. >>

The fans are partly to blame though. Back when Musial and those other guys were playing, they didn't sign an autograph and then see it for sale on ebay the next day. >>

I am talking about these guys that are being paid to sign this scribble for companies like Steiner, Topps, Panini, Leaf, etc... There is no excuse for it unless they were never taught how to write in school. Sadly, that may be the case for many of them due to our failing public school system.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The fans are partly to blame though. Back when Musial and those other guys were playing, they didn't sign an autograph and then see it for sale on ebay the next day. >>

I am talking about these guys that are being paid to sign this scribble for companies like Steiner, Topps, Panini, Leaf, etc... There is no excuse for it unless they were never taught how to write in school. Sadly, that may be the case for many of them due to our failing public school system. >>

Actually many public schools are no longer teaching "cursive" because they think its obsolete.