Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBC Exchange Black Friday Sale?

See a few things on the BBC Exchange website that are caling my name. Wondering if/when they'll announce this year's Black Friday sale?
Go Dodgers!

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was it last year? $20 discount on shipping, IIRC?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was it last year? $20 discount on shipping, IIRC? >>

It was 10% off and free shipping on orders of $50 or more for 1987 and later product , IIRC.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

It was 10% off and free shipping on orders of $50 or more for 1987 and later product , IIRC. >>

I was going to make up a special like this as a joke.
  • Options

<< <i>

It was 10% off and free shipping on orders of $50 or more for 1987 and later product , IIRC. >>

Dreams are made of such things.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe your recollection is correct Tim. Here's hoping it will be something similar this year.
    Steve
  • Options
    Wait. You meant 1987 and earlier, right? Booooooooooo image
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    This is from their blog entry in November 2013:

Pre-1986 items (and including 1986) get 10% off plus shipping.

Post-1987 items (and including 1987) get 10% off AND free shipping.

Any orders with mix and match of the 1986/87 cutoff will get 10% off plus shipping.

Here is a link to read it for yourself, but they clarify a number of things including the meaning of "plus shipping" for 1986 and pre-1986 product.

2013, and I repeat 2013 Black Friday Specials
  • Options
    From BBCE facebook page today...
    Black Friday update:

Retail Store - Pete will post everything that's going on with the retail store back here on Wednesday. The store hours this week will be the normal hours, except for being closed on Thanksgiving:

Wednesday, November 26th - 10am to 7pm
    Thursday, November 27th - CLOSED
    Friday, November 28th - 10am to 7pm
    Saturday, November 29th - 10am to 5pm
    Sunday, November 30th - 12pm to 4pm

Call the store (219) 515-6907 with any questions.

eBay store (ID bbcexchange) - We'll be discounting hundreds of autographed items, starting on Tuesday morning. Photos, magazines, books, baseballs, index cards, trading cards, and more! Keep checking back throughout the week.

Website (www.bbcexchange.com) - Steve will post the specials both here on Facebook and on the homepage of the website on Wednesday afternoon, then periodically throughout the weekend. The Black Friday sale on the website begins Thursday at 12:01am CST, and ends Sunday at 11:59pm CST.

I (Reed) won't be in the office during the Black Friday weekend, so if anyone has any further questions, email (bbcexchange@sprintmail.com) or call (toll-free (800) 598-8656) the office. You may not get a reply right away for obvious reasons, but please be patient. Don't send any messages on Facebook, as you may not get an immediate response, or I simply may not know the answer. Steve and the crew will all be here the entire weekend, doing their best to keep up with all the orders and inquiries. Thanks for your continued support, and hope everybody finds something they like during the sale!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Just listed:

The Black Friday specials for our website (www.bbcexchange.com) are posted on the blog page. Please read the post very carefully! Here's what Steve posted:

Black Friday Specials at Baseball Card Exchange will start at 12:01 A.M. CST Thursday, November 27th, 2014 (That is midnight tonight, Wednesday, Nov 26th) and run through 11:59 P.M. CST on Sunday, November 30th, 2014 (That is midnight on Sunday). All orders placed through www.bbcexchange.com during that time will receive the following:

Place an order that totals between $50 and $299 get 10% off plus shipping.

Place an order that totals $300 or more and get 10% off PLUS FREE SHIPPING (limit on free shipping, see below).

Terms: The minimum purchase to qualify for this special will be $50. Free shipping is up to the first $40.00. This means if your shipping charges total $55.00, you will be charged the $15.00 balance. Free shipping applies to Standard USPS and UPS Ground shipping only. All orders will ship on Monday, December 1st, 2014 (hopefully)!

Payment: If you choose credit card as payment, we will adjust the 10% discount and shipping charges on our end and charge your card accordingly. If you pay with PayPal, we will refund the discount and shipping fees (if you get free shipping) back to your PayPal account.

International Orders: The minimum purchase to qualify for this special will be $200. Free shipping will be for one USPS Medium Flat Rate Box. A Medium Flat Rate box will typically hold 3-4 boxes. Free shipping or not free shipping will apply by the same rules.

Orders received prior to the start time or after the end time of the Black Friday Specials will be charged invoiced prices.
  • Options
    Just grabbed a bunch of junk wax. Thanks BBCE!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Just got a desert shield pack, a box of 2012 topps chrome football and the gift for secret Santa. I think the desert sheild pack is one of the more interesting packs out there. Can't be many of these out there
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I think the desert sheild pack is one of the more interesting packs out there.

Can those packs be graded? If not, how can you prove what you have without opening it?
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I think the desert sheild pack is one of the more interesting packs out there.

Can those packs be graded? If not, how can you prove what you have without opening it? >>

I think they come wrapped from bbce with a card on the back of the pack or maybe with their new wrap. I have a couple from them with the card on the back.

I done did it with the black Friday sale!!!
  • Options

<< <i> I think the desert sheild pack is one of the more interesting packs out there.

Can those packs be graded? If not, how can you prove what you have without opening it? >>

Steve will certify them but PSA will not grade them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Grabbed a few football boxes ('84-'88). Hoping the order holds. The '88 is now showing "SOLD," so at the worst, I'm assuming I'm good through '87... Tried to justify some older wax packs and some OPC, but just couldn't do it.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Grabbed a few football boxes ('84-'88). Hoping the order holds. The '88 is now showing "SOLD," so at the worst, I'm assuming I'm good through '87... Tried to justify some older wax packs and some OPC, but just couldn't do it. >>

Scott, I could be wrong but I thought BBCE fixed the website so you couldn't order more product than they have. 1984 football is one of my favorite boxes to rip. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Scott, I could be wrong but I thought BBCE fixed the website so you couldn't order more product than they have.

They did. The SOLD will automatically appear once product is sold/out of stock.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    YeeHaw. Just grabbed a bunch of OPC...whaaaat? Selection of hockey, 72BB, and some random Topps FB and BK.

Thanks for sharing the update!

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Guess I am confused. You only get free shipping if your order is over $300? Otherwise $50-$299 orders are 10% off the total price with shipping?
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that is correct
    James
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    I read it as, orders over $300 are 10% off with free shipping.

"Place an order that totals $300 or more and get 10% off PLUS FREE SHIPPING (limit on free shipping, see below"
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Grabbed a few football boxes ('84-'88). Hoping the order holds. The '88 is now showing "SOLD," so at the worst, I'm assuming I'm good through '87... Tried to justify some older wax packs and some OPC, but just couldn't do it. >>

Scott, I could be wrong but I thought BBCE fixed the website so you couldn't order more product than they have. 1984 football is one of my favorite boxes to rip. image >>

Then perhaps my order was the last box... Not that it is a big deal since it was the cheapest of the lot, but I figured it was worth it with 10% and free shipping...

Any idea if they'll be wrapped?
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any idea if they'll be wrapped? >>

Up through the 87 probably, I bet he'd wrap the 88 if you asked him to.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any idea if they'll be wrapped? >>

Up through the 87 probably, I bet he'd wrap the 88 if you asked him to. >>

+1. I got an 88 football wax box about a month ago and it wasn't wrapped. However, if you email him and ask, I would bet he would do it for you.

Jeremy
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I placed my first black Friday order:

1984 Cello Marino on top PSA 9
    1981 Topps Basketball 4 packs
    1988 Fleer Wax pack PSA 9

Placed enough to enjoy the free shipping.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I've got more going under the tree to rip on Christmas morning, but I added this last night also:

1986 Topps Football Unopened Rack Pack x 2
    1981 Topps Football Unopened Rack Pack x 2
    1980 Topps Baseball Cello Box (3-Card Pack) (60-CT) x 1

Somewhat intrigued about the condition of the 1980 cello packs. I have seen these before and remember them very vaguely. These came 48 to a box but these boxes have 60 cello packs. The seller packed them to 60 when selling their collection to BBCE apparently to keep the box full and tight.

Justin
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Justin - I'll be interested to see those 3-packs. I almost pulled trigger last week. Worried about tight wrap.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Made my BF order too, picked up:
    36 ct 1978 Topps Hockey packs
    1992 Bowman Wax BB Box FASC
    18 1985 Topps FB Wax Packs
    A couple 1991 UD French Hockey Boxes
    And a 1987 Topps 3 Box Rack Case

Good Luck on the 1980 3 card packs. I have opened a lot of these
    with results being horrible. Very tightly wrapped, corners all touched
    Never pulled a star or anything close to gradeable. Being 3 cards,
    you can only hope a star is showing. Not worth opening IMHO
    Odds are not good. Hope you have better luck and would love to see ya pull a Gem Rickey if you rip!
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I grabbed a 79 BB Wax Tray, along with 81-83 Fleer boxes, and a few individual packs of 81-83 to display with the boxes.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    I picked up some non sport boxes, some 81-84BB rack packs and 4 or 5 modernish type boxes that I've either opened before and enjoyed, or wanted to open but never did.

Oh, and that Superman 2 wax tray cause I think it's cool.
  • Options
    I picked up some raw 81BB packs, a 87 Fleer BB Packs PSA 9, a couple 88 Fleer BB packs PSA 9, and a couple 77 Basketball Packs PSA 8.
    Collecting Unopened Material 1975-1985 and Full World Series Tickets 1970-Present
  • Options
    My junk wax arrived today. Got shutout on the 83 Fleer cellos and 85 Donruss racks. Picked up 7 85 Topps racks and ended up with a Gwynn OT, Brett OT, and two Ripken OTs so I only ripped the other three racks. Pulled a McGwire, a Gooden, and an Eric Davis. First 85 McGwire I ever pulled from a pack, pretty happy.

Best of luck to everyone else on their ripping.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My junk wax arrived today. Got shutout on the 83 Fleer cellos and 85 Donruss racks. Picked up 7 85 Topps racks and ended up with a Gwynn OT, Brett OT, and two Ripken OTs so I only ripped the other three racks. Pulled a McGwire, a Gooden, and an Eric Davis. First 85 McGwire I ever pulled from a pack, pretty happy.

Best of luck to everyone else on their ripping. >>

Congrats on the 85's, some good racks to save and very cool on the McGwire. How's the condition on the McGwire?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My junk wax arrived today. Got shutout on the 83 Fleer cellos and 85 Donruss racks. Picked up 7 85 Topps racks and ended up with a Gwynn OT, Brett OT, and two Ripken OTs so I only ripped the other three racks. Pulled a McGwire, a Gooden, and an Eric Davis. First 85 McGwire I ever pulled from a pack, pretty happy.

Best of luck to everyone else on their ripping. >>

Congrats on the 85's, some good racks to save and very cool on the McGwire. How's the condition on the McGwire? >>

Not good. Off center L/R and T/B, with a dinged corner. But it was surprisingly free of PD. Still, a bit of a thrill for me to pull one from a pack.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Got mine today. The desert shield pack is the first pack I've gotten and didn't immediately rip. I like how bbce shrink wraps it. Makes it harder to open. Hopefully it can get slabbed some day.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here