Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submitting cards for grading during the Xmas/New Years season

Just looking for opinions. Any concerns on sending cards in at this time? For instance any worry with regard to the cards more likely to be lost in the crush of mail at this time or being damaged due to the amount of mail being moved at this time? And with the possibility of the graders ability being distracted due to the holiday season? Do the "regular" graders go on vacation at this time and "substitute" graders take over? Would it be better/less risk to ship in January after the holiday season? Any horror stories from shipping during this time? Your opinions/experiences on this concern are appreciated.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it makes any difference at all.

As far as graders being distracted, I would hope that would work in my favor with the Christmas spirit and all, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    there was this one situation during Hannukah season. i waited 8 nights for my package to arrive before finally giving up. it was........hora-ble.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>there was this one situation during Hannukah season. i waited 8 nights for my package to arrive before finally giving up. it was........hora-ble. >>

Similar situation here. Sent in a review sub, but the grader just seemed to passover them. I don't think he gave each card the attention it deserved.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>there was this one situation during Hannukah season. i waited 8 nights for my package to arrive before finally giving up. it was........hora-ble. >>

Similar situation here. Sent in a review sub, but the grader just seemed to passover them. I don't think he gave each card the attention it deserved. >>

ah. the GOD hath not parted your Red Sea. image