Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I need help identifying these cards and getting prices...

Hey guys! Can anyone help me identify these cards? They came from Gold Medal Foods and that's about all I know. I need to know what the range of prices are on these as well too. They're in M-NM condition. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    1934 Gold Medal Flour

• Options

<< <i>1934 Gold Medal Flour >>

I thought so too, but I can't find any info about the players that are on these cards other than John Riddle. I looked up the 1934 set and none of the players that were listed are on these cards.
  • Options
    HMMMMM, Now that I look a little closer that doesn't look like the 34 gold medal flour set, it had a bunch of action shots.

• Options
    There's nothing on the backs and no identifying markers that I can see on the hats or jersey's.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    how much for the shoes?
  • Options
    I believe Gold Medal Foods also made Wheaties, so you may want to check that too.

• Options

<< <i>how much for the shoes? >>

I was waiting for someone to chime in about the shoes. image
  • Options
    This is a minor league set for the Indianapolis Indians somewhere in the range of 1933-1936. That is Red Killefer, manager, and Stew Bolen and Johnny Riddle were also on that team and can be identified in the photos.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I looked in my 1997 standard catologe of bb cards

definitely not 34 gold medal

nothing in the Wheaties section looks similar to these
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    How much for the Peppermint Mocha?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    It is difficult to tell from the crappy photos and you don't say what size they are. Wade Killefer was coaching for several minor league teams from the mid 1920's through the early 1940's so this are probably minor league photos. The photos are hard to see. Can you give us a list of names? What makes you think these are Gold Medal Foods? Killefer is not listed in the 12 card 1934 Gold Medal set.

I would love to do some research on these, but I would need better photos and a player list and the size of the cards. Are the backs blank?

Thanks, Rick
  • Options

<< <i>How much for the Peppermint Mocha? >>

It's mint majesty tea...all my stomach can handle from there.
  • Options

<< <i>It is difficult to tell from the crappy photos and you don't say what size they are. Wade Killefer was coaching for several minor league teams from the mid 1920's through the early 1940's so this are probably minor league photos. The photos are hard to see. Can you give us a list of names? What makes you think these are Gold Medal Foods? Killefer is not listed in the 12 card 1934 Gold Medal set.

I would love to do some research on these, but I would need better photos and a player list and the size of the cards. Are the backs blank?

Thanks, Rick >>

Is my post hidden? I did the research for you. Killfer, Bolen, and Riddle were together from 1933 to 1936 on the Indianapolis Indians.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It is difficult to tell from the crappy photos and you don't say what size they are. Wade Killefer was coaching for several minor league teams from the mid 1920's through the early 1940's so this are probably minor league photos. The photos are hard to see. Can you give us a list of names? What makes you think these are Gold Medal Foods? Killefer is not listed in the 12 card 1934 Gold Medal set.

Thanks, Rick >>

Is my post hidden? I did the research for you. Killfer, Bolen, and Riddle were together from 1933 to 1936 on the Indianapolis Indians. >>

Yeah, I didn't see it earlier. Sometimes that happens, but thanks for looking all of that up.

To answer the question about Gold Medal, the cards were in a yellowed envelope from Gold Medal Foods in Minnesota with a 1 1/2 cent stamp on it. That's the only reason I thought they were Gold Medal. The owner said that they came in the envelope.

So my next question is, how do I go about finding a value for these?