Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Picked up some auto items - need help identifying them

One of our reps who is in his 60's found out that I collect cards and memorabilia this summer right before the National. He mentioned he had several sets of cards he was interested in selling to make space at his house, and they have been sitting there for 35 years untouched. He has just shipped me a couple of sets from 1980 Topps, 1978 Topps, and he also has a 1972, 1959, and 1960 set plus some star cards.

Today at our meetings in Vegas he brings some items to show me, and has several autographed postcards from the mid to late 70's - McCovey, Rose, Catfish Hunter, Nettles... Have never seen them and don't know what they are or what they are worth. See photo below. He also shows me a Yankees set which is in great shape with postcards of Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio... I will post those photos later and if anyone knows anything about these postcards I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some of the Yankee postcards - all of them are in really nice shape if not mint. Total of 20 of them.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume there is no info. on the reverse or a copyright date or printing of any kind.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭✭
    I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.