Home Precious Metals

Graded AGE value question

I'm 100% a raw stacker of ASEs and AGEs, but a while ago received a graded 1/4 AGE from the shop.

It is NGC, 2007 G, early releases MS 70

I'm not a coin person, so was wondering if this carries a premium over raw 1/4 AGEs, and if so how much?

Thanks, Bob

Comments

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    APMEX is a great place to compare prices for items like these, but they don't currently have any 1/4 ounce graded AGE's for sale.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an interest among some collectors to acquire top-graded specimens of even bullion items. Missing the 70 designation with a 69 (even though the actual difference in quality may be miniscule), though, loses much premium over raw.

Here's a competitively-priced 1/4 oz 2007 NGC on Ebay you could track, to see what it eventually goes for. There are others listed on Ebay as well:

Link
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as raw . if it was PCGS 70 some would afford it a premium , they wouldn't buy it from you at a premium but they would pretend it rated one.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some added premium over raw and other $10 MS70s. 2007 $10 AGE is is the lowest mintage regular bullion $10 coin.

AGE mintages

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    It's worth whatever u can get 4 it...
    keceph `anah
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one just sold on Heritage for $382: Linky-doo

Not an ER but...........
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's worth whatever u can get 4 it... >>

so is a used car, but unless you check the blue book or ask you don't know it's value to properly price it. OP asked about value. Sarcasm doesn't answer his question, it only turns off others who may have a legitimate question...lol

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

so is a used car, but unless you check the blue book or ask you don't know it's value to properly price it. OP asked about value. Sarcasm doesn't answer his question, it only turns off others who may have a legitimate question...lol >>

just because u price something according to a perceived value doesnt mean one will have any buyers at that particular price, its a hope & a wish scenario, especially in the ponzi of the graded bullion... hence my answer is the only correct one...
    keceph `anah
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to avoid all premiums. That way I dont have to be concerned about getting an extra 50c (silver) or $10 (gold) when I decide to sell.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. All my AGEs are in tubes and I primarily asked because I just want to crack it out and put it in a tube, but didn't want to make a mistake.

Bob.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

so is a used car, but unless you check the blue book or ask you don't know it's value to properly price it. OP asked about value. Sarcasm doesn't answer his question, it only turns off others who may have a legitimate question...lol >>

just because u price something according to a perceived value doesnt mean one will have any buyers at that particular price, its a hope & a wish scenario, especially in the ponzi of the graded bullion... hence my answer is the only correct one... >>

There's a reason there is the KBB, NADA, Ebay motors, autotrader.com, as well as PCGS price guide, Trends, Coin Facts, CDN, Heritage Auction Archives, Apmex, etc. They all are invaluable tools to price 90% of their particular markets. Yeah, they're all worthless. Better that you just wing it. image

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've cracked out quite a few MS-69 or PR-69 bullion coins for more compact storage. If a significant premium ever develops for any of them, they can always be re-submitted. If you're putting them into rolls, you can always layer each coin with 4 mil polyethylene to keep them from getting marred, but typically I store my previously-graded coins in 2x2 non-pvc plastic flips and I slide the label into the other side of the flip as well.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.