Home Precious Metals

2015 1.25 oz $8 Canadian Silver Bison Coin

Any interest in these coins? I personally don't understand why minting 1 1/4 oz coins!

JM Bullion is offering them at $2.25 over spot. The monster box looks cool.

JM Bullion

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks for the post !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The royal canadian mint is insane, at least that is my theory. Has any other mint made such a bewildering variety of coins in odd denominations , weights , and purities?

they make 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 8, 10, 15,20,25,30,50,75,100,150,175,200,250,300,350,500, and 2500 dollar coins. I may have missed a few image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I got an email about them the other day but wasn't sure about them. The extra quarter ounce seems weird so I passed. I'm saving to get more 10 oz Geiger bars anyways.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    That's funny. I was thinking the same thing...1 1/4 oz??? Why??? Even the 3/4 is kinda weird?
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm saving to get more 10 oz Geiger bars anyways. >>

Do these carry a premium if one was to sell these or are they just desired as they are convenient for stacking? I have one, love the look, but just kinda curious as I see many purchasing them on the board.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear silver producers which are also government mints

Reduce premiums over increasing products.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    The RCM and other mints will continue to do "insane" things because even more insane collectors/stackers continue to buy their products.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no. No.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a few for our coin club as they will be neat prizes at some of our upcoming meetings. The 1.25 oz. weight is odd, but the premium isn't too bad so we'll have fun with them. Way better than a boring silver round or a boring silver eagle image

Just makes it hard to find and buy neat stuff when only certain companies have these exclusives... a bit frustrating but I get it.