Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Football cards

Why do the card companies produce so few cards of linemen recently? In the 1980's offensive and defensive lineman had lots of topps cards.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    linemen are boring.

hi Evan. image
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    AMEN...Especially all pro linemen!!! Evan should have been on a card for the past 5 years.
  • Options

<< <i>linemen are boring.

hi Evan. image >>

Why boring?
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants to chase the QB/RB busts. No love for the guys who don't make headlines until they get injured and then everyone realizes how important they were.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>linemen are boring.

hi Evan. image >>

Why boring? >>

it's a nudge nudge, poke poke to one of our esteemed members.

i'm always a fan of the grunts in the trenches. without 'em, the offense goes nowhere. image
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    This one would be the highlight of any collection. One glove: to grip the ball or a tribute to Michael Jackson? Who knows.
  • Options

<< <i>This one would be the highlight of any collection. One glove: to grip the ball or a tribute to Michael Jackson? Who knows.
    image >>

Haha!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This one would be the highlight of any collection. One glove: to grip the ball or a tribute to Michael Jackson? Who knows.
    image >>

Haha! >>

Did he play center??
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    >>

Did he play center?? >>

Yes...who do you think was rifling those balls back to Denard? He was a consensus All-American and now butt slaps Evan Mathis for audibles in Phili.
  • Options
    Davis, I thought Kelce is the starting center for the Eagles. Maybe I'm wrong. He was hurt but he's back now.

Definitely appreciate the interior O-linemen. As a Patriots fan I've been able to watch 2 of the best: Hannah and Mankins.
  • Options

<< <i> >>

Did he play center?? >>

Yes...who do you think was rifling those balls back to Denard? He was a consensus All-American and now butt slaps Evan Mathis for audibles in Phili. >>

"Butt slaps"?
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

Did he play center?? >>

Yes...who do you think was rifling those balls back to Denard? He was a consensus All-American and now butt slaps Evan Mathis for audibles in Phili. >>

"Butt slaps"? >>

Butt Slaps
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

Did he play center?? >>

"Butt slaps"? >>

Butt Slaps >>

Haha!
  • Options

<< <i>Everyone wants to chase the QB/RB busts. No love for the guys who don't make headlines until they get injured and then everyone realizes how important they were. >>

Yeah it's a shame that lineman especially offensive lineman get no respect.
  • Options
    Evan ain't camera shy.
  • Options

<< <i>Evan ain't camera shy. >>

Too bad he didn't make the pro bowl this year and the eagles didn't make the playoffs.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    The big uglies don't care about the spotlight. They get high off of pounding the guy across from them and getting their back yardage.

Some readily admit just peeing themselves on the field. Who would want a card showing their yellow stained pants? Love the trenches.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image