Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Love Roosies: Looking for 50D FS501, 1962D FS501 and 1983 FS501

Any info on these rare beauties would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Much,
Ken

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winky,

I, such as yourself, have been searching for a few Roosevelt Dimes that seemed to be quite elusive to say the least, but do you realize that you are asking what I feel would be the wrong "collectors" if you will, for some "Yet to be graded clad Roosie Dimes" that most viewers on this board really do not care about?

In 3 different threads in this forum, you are asking for a 1970 DDR in MS grade pop-0, a 1967 DDO pop-0, and a 1983-D RPM pop-0. If I, and I'm only speaking for myself, were to come across any of these dimes, I would buy them, cross them, submit them in a heartbeat, and stick them in my own personal set. That's if Nick somehow gets me to sell them to him since he needs them for his #1 set.

Now please do not take this post as a knock, because typed words sometimes do not come across as a sincere conversation which is what my intentions are here. These Dimes are incredibly difficult to find. I'm still looking...everyday.

I'm not sure what to say in regards to helping you find these coins because again I still haven't found them, and I just don't need any further competition going down any avenue attempting to do so myself, but I do wish you the best of luck.

I will say this...I'm not sure if I would settle for an XF/AU slider with as much material that is still available for clad dimes. I believe that IMHO MS65/66 can be had for most CPG varieties, but I could be wrong. I'm sure others can chime in with their opinions.

Later, Paul.
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I do realize what you are saying and I respect that. Again you just never know what will pop up. 1970 FS 801 is one of my registry sets and I have a XF 70FS801 but would like to upgrade in any grade. Thanks for the thoughts and I do not take any of it as a knock just good information.

Ken
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The varieties mentioned here are very hard to find. I think there are several reasons for this as Paul eluded to. First there are not many looking for them to my knowledge and there are not that many (available) to look at.

I have always thought that there was a dies number (coins struck by a particular die) of all varieties to start with unless the error is so bad that production is stopped and the coins found are held back. Now what happens to all these after they leave the mint is anyone's guess. But some varieties sure are harder to find than others.....for sure!!
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you, Winky. You never know what will pop-up. Awhile back some kid found an 1817/4 Capped Bust Half while he was raking gravel for his dad. You never can tell. It's out there somewhere. You just have to find it. The mint has made billions and billions of dimes. There could be a whole roll of what you're looking for in somebody's sock drawer. Keep looking. Don't be discouraged. Good luck!