Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosie talk. Does anyone have a 1946 fs801 or 1970 fs801?

Always looking for these 2 Roosies who are hiding somewhere out there. image

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Me too, I'm looking for top pop MS examples for these 2 dates.
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I have the only 70FS801 in PCGS but as we both know there is a 62 piece on a foreign planchet not listed in PCGS. Please keep me posted if you find out anything. Thanks Ken
  • Options
    Nick I forgot I talked to Pete at L&C and he told me he had sold 2 70 801 coins, one to me and one to someone else 15 years ago not in PCGS holder and the FS book says 3 so that is probably right.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the Chicago National ANA show this summer and a dealer that I frequent has some incredible Roosevelt Dimes has a 1970 FS801 raw that I would grade about an AU53-55 at best. He wanted $200 for it. He stated that it is the only example he has come across in several years of collecting. The reverse doubling was quite bold for a circulated coin. I'm wondering if this variety is one of the rarest of the DDR's for this era, and even at this price and grade, might be worth picking up.

I have to admit, the doubling was as nice as the doubling on the 1970-D DDR 801/802, but the coin itself wasn't very appealing.

IMHO, I believe that if there is XF/AU examples of this variety around that exists, there has to be a couple of MS64-66 examples somewhere, because there are still rolls of this this date/MM and mint sets to be searched.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    If you don't buy it would you let me know who the dealer is so I might?
    Thanks,
    Ken