Home Sports Talk
Options

Who are you going to listen to.......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trent Dilfer or Steve Young! Geeze what a bore Dilfer was after the MNF game!

What an idiot!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    best to mute idiots. I know enough about most sports to be able to figure out and interpret the action without someone telling me what to think.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Old Howard Cosell clips on Youtube make more sense than most of the current commentators.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosell was quite the bloviator..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Cosell was quite the bloviator.. >>

True.....and no one ever did it better!
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cosell was quite the bloviator.. >>

When a 3 yard run is described as an epic performance only rivaled by the final act in Hamlet. A lot of games were watched with no sound in those days.

Of the football announcers today, I enjoy listening to Collinsworth, he is on point more often then most of the other announcers.

Other announcers like Daryl Johnston, Phil Simms, and Troy Aikman would sometimes make outlandish comments and you think, you guys used to play the game; how could you possibly think that. Are you guys even watching what's happening on the field or is that being fed to you. I am sure I left out several other announcers that left many of us shaking our heads. I remember Pat Summerall was a very good announcer in his early years, but in his late years he was even getting the players positions wrong. That's when you knew Pat, you had a great run but its time to hang em' up.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collinsworth is good and my favorite is Jon Gruden. I wish he was the Cowboy coach.
  • Options

<< <i>When a 3 yard run is described as an epic performance only rivaled by the final act in Hamlet. >>

True, but he was still the best. His game matchup monologue at the open was superb and his halftime highlights were unmatced.