Options

Mets Sign Cuddyer To Two Year Deal

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
Should be a nice addition...I hope.

link

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope it gets the FA signings going. I like the offseason for all the potential every team has
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just what we need~another oft-injured player on the wrong side of 30! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    ...and out of Coors too.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just what we need~another oft-injured player on the wrong side of 30! LOL! >>

Well the Yankees can't sign 'em all, Tim!
    Daniel
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I did a quick three year stint in Denver for a bit, so I root for Colorado on the NL side of the street every season. I liked having Cuddyer in the line up on that team.

I think this is actually a good pickup for the Mets. Cuddyer is one of the better hitting, non-stars in the league. He may have benefited the last two years by hitting in Coors, but is still a pretty good hitter. He's just one of those hitters you can count on getting two hits a game more often than not, yes, as long as he's not injured.

Justin
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    True he has been a pretty good hitter, even taking Coors into account...but he is only going to get worse, and he doesn't play everyday.

Having to give up a first round pick(15th overall), for the 'privilege' of signing him with the above pitfalls...isn't worth it.