Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Looking to trade numismatic items for fishing items

As a longtime member who's been inactive as of late, I hope that I don't offend anyone with this post, but I am looking to trade coins here, so will give it a try. Trading would help me out, as well as provide a fellow numismatist with an opportunity to add to his/her collection without spending to do it.

Taking a shot in the dark here, but who knows. Getting back into fishing more and like to do it using vintage gear (because I'm old and that's what I'm used to)..like older spinning reels, fiberglass rods, etc.. I'm looking for a few more set-ups and some extra reels to keep on hand. I have coins, banknotes, tokens,etc. to trade for what I'm looking for (at like approx. value), so if you've got some of what I need sitting around collecting spiderwebs or on it's way to the dumpster or local resale shop, maybe we can work out a trade. My coin collecting was all over the map, so while I did sell a lot of the higher dollar and graded items a few years ago, I have a lot of stuff left that might interest you. I've hoarded other things over the years also, so if you're seeking some other stuff like stamps, I might have it if I can find it in the heap.

I'm looking for items in good condition, but could use parts reels and projects also.

Here's what I'm looking for:

All German made DAM Quick spinning reels from the 50's through the 70's. These were pretty popular in the day and there's a lot of them still around. Looking for a couple quick 270 or 275 Super reels not eaten up by use in salt water.

US made Penn spinning reels particularly 420SS, 430SS and any of the US made Z series salt water reels (704, 706, 710, 712, etc.)

Garcia Mitchell spinning reels in the 300 series (300, 304, 308, etc)

A couple fly reels for 5 or 6 weight line. Could be US or British...stuff used here in the 60's and 70's) Not looking for real expensive gear as I will be fishing with them and have been mistaken for a muleskinner while using a flyrod. Not looking for the automatic spring-loaded retrieve models, although I might be interested in one if it's really nice without the dents and paint loss that they usually end up with. If you've bot a box of decent flies, ants, etc., you're not going to use, I might be interested in those too.

Looking for a couple decent heavier spinning rods for steelhead, Salmon, or maybe some pier fishing. 2 piece, 8-1/2 to 10 feet or so. Medium heavy...something for 15 to 30 lb. or so line and baits 3/4 to 2 ounces. These can be graphite, but I'd prefer something with a cork handle.
Older glass rods like Fenwick Fenglass would be good, as would other better glass rods. If these rods were newer models (graphite with cork handles and harder line guides), that would be OK too. I'm going to fish with these and might be using braided line, so the harder guides might help.

Looking for a couple of breakdown 4-6 piece spinning or fly/spinning combination travel or pack rods to keep in my vehicles. Some of these were made in the 60's and 70's by companies like Fenwick and Eagle Claw...I'm sure there are others. Some came in metal or plastic storage tubes, some came in other cases. Once again, I'm going to be using these so they have to be in good shape, but most of these got little use, so I'd imagine they're all pretty decent.

Looking for two light action trout/bluegill spinning rods...4-1/2 to 6' or so. Cork handled and either rings or screw type reel seat. I'd like to find some older fiberglass ones in great condition. I'm putting reels with 4lb. test line on these and using light bait, so they can't be medium action.

If youve got other older stuff not listed, offer it. Who knows, I might get some idea about using something else. As I said, I'm kinda retro in my fishing, so am trying to avoid modern equipment from China, Japan, etc., that wasn't in use here 40 or 50 years ago.

PM me if you've got anything to trade and also let me know what you re looking for or what you collect.

Thanks,
Bill
"Have a nice day!"