Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anyone bought CAC coins from DLRC? Would love to see your photos (not theirs)...

From time to time I've seen coins on their website that have the right holder and have the right sticker, but their photos of the coins show the coins to have some problems (but how can this be in a PCGS 65 holder with a green CAC sticker).

I've also bought a few from DLRC in the past year and my personal experience (admittedly a VERY limited sample) that in-hand the coins were actually worse (even than the bad photos). Over the course the last decade I've bought a decent amount of coins from them, but I no longer own a single DLRC purchased coin (even their 1 or 2 coins were mediocre/average at best).

Since my sample size is relatively small, I was curious as to others' experiences...

My primary motivation is research, and get feedback from others, because I do (from time to time) see coins/dates they have in auctions/for sale that I need for my Registry Sets, but I am now hesitant to buy any more coins from them because I'm always disappointed and wind up selling them off usually at a loss (because it's not like their price are so cheap that who cares).

Any personal experiences you care to share (and please let's not turn this into a flame thread as that is not the purpose of my question).

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are a typical volume dealer that sells all levels of coins (A, B and C for the grade coins). There are other dealers that carry only A grade and some that almost never have A grades. I have bought several from them that I was happy with but I check them very thoroughly.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought many coins from DLRC. Some slabbed...some stickered...some raw ...... I have been happy with all of them. Some of the CAC coins are now in different PCGS holders because they were varieties and had to go in for variety attribution and reholder. Since I don't care about the sticker the stickers are gone.

The pics of these in my Registry set are mostly the DLRC pics...some mine if you want to look.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Can't go by photos. Too many variables.

But here's one anyway: