Home Precious Metals

The "nobody wants to try anything new" thread. The people have spoken, let it die

I was going to do this on the regular BST, then thought it might not work because people would complain of it being bumped too often.

Then I thought it might work on this Forum better. I know we have the Monthly BST on this Forum, but think of this as the thread that people are posting items that people are more interested in. I know someone is saying, we all have different tastes and that's the variety I like here.
But think of this BST thread as the more mass appeal items...ASE's, AGE's, Engelhard or Johnson Matthey bars, 90%, Morgan Dollars, and maybe even the red headed step child Peace Dollars

What the heck, it's worth a try to just change it up a bit here, isn't it? Let's see the more mass appeal items you are offering, or what you want. image
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but we don't need two monthly PM BST threads.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying $12 ASEs. image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

i think we can all agree that this is one super cute girl right here
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    You guys are just so unwilling to do anything new. This place is a morgue.

<< <i>You guys are just so unwilling to do anything new. This place is a morgue. >>

bunch of old farts just waiting on the SS check.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys are just so unwilling to do anything new. This place is a morgue. >>

Go FAIL thread!imageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea, how about a thread where I can buy stuff (doesn't matter what) for less than it's worth, and another thread where I can sell it for more than it's worth? That would be great!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Go beat that bald head against a rock for this FAIL thread

At least I try and am open minded enough to want to mix things up. You guys are afraid to, you're comfortable with the familiar. Probably the kind of guys that keep voting for the same politicians and expect things to change. So unwilling to even consider something that might just fail because it scares you. Have fun being vanilla.
    I know what I like and usually will side with it too, but at least I am open minded and will try. Can't say that for alot of you here. You think you know it all but you don't know $hit.
    You guys are mssing the point completely, and I mean by a freaking mile.
    It's not to buy low and sell high. It's to post items that more people have an interest in. I could care less about freakin Daniel Carr piece of crap. Offer me a nice 50 T. oz Engelhard at a fair realistic current value price and I guarantee I'll buy it.
    You guys are missing the point, just like clockwork I've learned to expect.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm dense, but how is this idea different from the regular thread? Am I supposed to sell something that I don't wanna sell?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>Maybe I'm dense, but how is this idea different from the regular thread? Am I supposed to sell something that I don't wanna sell?image >>

....and I will buy it, but only if I don't want it. image

<< <i>just like clockwork >>

post of the day.

I'm tired of bickering guys, just thought this would be something to mix it up a bit here, which I'd bet most of you here would agree is sorely needed. That's all
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe I'm dense, but how is this idea different from the regular thread? Am I supposed to sell something that I don't wanna sell?image >>

....and I will buy it, but only if I don't want it. image >>

We can title the thread "If I don't have it and I can't get it, then you don't want it."
    theknowitalltroll;
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    It's not like the regular monthly BST thread is so busy and full that you can't pick out the stuff you want to buy from the stuff you don't. If you took all the ASEs, AGEs, Engelhards, 90%, etc.. out of the monthly thread then it would only have a couple posts left. Like you said, this place is dead so no need for multiple BST threads. The regular one rarely gets over 2-3 pages as is.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    If there's one thing I really disliked about the old BST thread, it was how everything was in one place. Kudos for solving this terrible problem, pom.

I'm offering bags of crow for those who thought that hyperinflation in the USA was a guaranteed thing these past 5 years. I'm sure I'll sell out anyday now.
  • This thread is all kinds of win....LOL

Maybe rename it to "The stuff in BST sucks, anybody got anything cool they can sell me cheap" or .... fill in with your own ideas
    Nevermind...
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If there's one thing I really disliked about the old BST thread, it was how everything was in one place. Kudos for solving this terrible problem, pom.

I'm offering bags of crow for those who thought that hyperinflation in the USA was a guaranteed thing these past 5 years. I'm sure I'll sell out anyday now. >>

Hyperinflation only? For buying into peak oil, dollar collapse, financial collapse and a zombie outbreak, I will need five bags of crow and two humble pies.

Tyler
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not like the regular monthly BST thread is so busy and full that you can't pick out the stuff you want to buy from the stuff you don't. If you took all the ASEs, AGEs, Engelhards, 90%, etc.. out of the monthly thread then it would only have a couple posts left. Like you said, this place is dead so no need for multiple BST threads. The regular one rarely gets over 2-3 pages as is. >>

This is the best possible post to reflect on in my opinion.

There is a section of another all bullion forum that has a separate space for items with a higher percentage cost over the price of spot metal, however CU does not seem to have the volume to accommodate this need at this time....
    This forum is old school, and to be honest this us against me mentality is disgusting, I fail to see why this has become the norm. I have had beautiful correspondences, trades, talks and lessons learned with people here and recognize the good here but in the name of death, please let this die people.

Piece of Me, you agreed with Afro man in a sense even before hr posted when u wrote

<< <i>You guys are just so unwilling to do anything new. This place is a morgue >>

Just sayin image

It's all about what the people want...

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to add, in the future and or of the demand for ultra high end bullion and rarities increases to the point where it is cumbersome to navigate through a single thread with ease, a new thread/section could he warrented.

Maybe in the Updated Collectors Universe.

Bye

It's all about what the people want...

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy anything if the price is right. Unfortunately I'm a cheap bastage and place a much lower value on stuff than others do. To me, a 10oz bar is worth spot x 10. I like to keep things simple.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll buy anything if the price is right. Unfortunately I'm a cheap bastage and place a much lower value on stuff than others do. To me, a 10oz bar is worth spot x 10. I like to keep things simple. >>

well if you want to pay $158.30 for a 10 oz bar of silver on the BST thread you will have to wait until spot drops to 9$ an ounce

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll buy anything if the price is right. Unfortunately I'm a cheap bastage and place a much lower value on stuff than others do. To me, a 10oz bar is worth spot x 10. I like to keep things simple. >>

well if you want to pay $158.30 for a 10 oz bar of silver on the BST thread you will have to wait until spot drops to 9$ an ounce

image >>

No doubt that that is his plan. May get there, may not.

<< <i>I'm offering bags of crow for those who thought that hyperinflation in the USA was a guaranteed thing these past 5 years. >>

Hyperinflation has not yet been reached though we hit +- 7% in the last 12 months. Exploding deficits and currency creation has insured that it will arrive.

Brazil in collapse, Russia in collapse, Japan in collapse.

Hold the avian burlap sacks a while longer Miklia. They will certainly rise in price.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people, including many on this board buy at spot or less.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Like Luke said, let it die. This obviously isn't going to happen here. It's over as far as I'm concerned. Sorry to waste the time, just thought it might be worth for some of us to try.
    As and far as a-holes like PP saying it is something I created for me to buy cheap, that's a complete mis-statement. I clearly stated in the opening post that it was to be a thread for everyone here to post their more common and more widely collected items. Even joefro got it.
    Some of you need to stop being such an arse, (again as Luke said) maybe you'll find that I would stop too. I give what I get.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Just who r "the people"? ... Lol...
    keceph `anah
    What this place needs is a Gershwin thread.

The 5 Browns.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on boys. It's easy as rocket science. I mean we spend billions even trillions of dollars on space programs, and can't find out where crop circles come from. And you guys give the OP more crap than we ought to be giving these scientists for "global warming".

Another brick in the wall.

HE>I