EARN 10% IN EBAY BUCKS

TWO DAYS ONLY: November 5, 8AM PT to November 6, 11:59PM PT

Shop now to earn 10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying single item
of $150 or more.*

Activate now

See details

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 4X (8%) on $100 or more purchase.

Oh, and one I've never seen image "Get the top price for your phone."

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    Downside will be finding a deal with the big drop in metals.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got the 4X (8%) on $100 or more purchase.

Oh, and one I've never seen image "Get the top price for your phone." >>

They are getting weird. Received a Paypal offer for a free $50 if I spent $250 with some home improvement place.

Ebay/Paypal has become the General Motors of e commerce management.
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    How do you find the things selling on ebay that gives ebay bucks? I received the e-mail as well but don't know what offers the bucks... Guidance?

<< <i>How do you find the things selling on ebay that gives ebay bucks? I received the e-mail as well but don't know what offers the bucks... Guidance? >>

Anything listed as bullion does not offer Ebay bucks. Most everything else does.

Gold American eagles do not qualify, but $20 saints and Libs would.

If you have the deal, log into Ebay and look at a listing, It will show you the Ebay bucks eligible for that sale.

<< <i>

<< <i>How do you find the things selling on ebay that gives ebay bucks? I received the e-mail as well but don't know what offers the bucks... Guidance? >>

Anything listed as bullion does not offer Ebay bucks. Most everything else does.

If you have the deal, log into Ebay and look at a listing, It will show you the Ebay bucks eligible for that sale. >>

To be more specific, anything listed in the bullion CATEGORY does not qualify. Some sellers list their bullion (i.e. gold/silver eagles and bars and rounds) in another US coin category to make them eligible for EB bucks. Do not hesitate to click on a bullion item you are interested in to see if the seller listed it in a non-bullion category. Listing will show the category and more simply how much in EB bucks it is eligible for, if eligible. APMEX for example will list some bullion items in their ebay US coins, errors category.

Do not assume because an item title or description says "American Gold Eagle" that it is not eligible for EB bucks. Title and description have nothing to do with eligibility. It's all about the category the seller chooses to list in.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you have the deal, log into Ebay and look at a listing, It will show you the Ebay bucks eligible for that sale. >>

To be more specific, anything listed in the bullion CATEGORY does not qualify. Some sellers list their bullion (i.e. gold/silver eagles and bars and rounds) in another US coin category to make them eligible for EB bucks. Do not hesitate to click on a bullion item you are interested in to see if the seller listed it in a non-bullion category. Listing will show the category and more simply how much in EB bucks it is eligible for, if eligible. APMEX for example will list some bullion items in their ebay US coins, errors category.

Do not assume because an item title or description says "American Gold Eagle" that it is not eligible for EB bucks. Title and description have nothing to do with eligibility. It's all about the category the seller chooses to list in. >>

Those that are duel listed don't seem to qualify. Was looking at some stuff from MCM but not eligible because they list it in both US Coins and bullion.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Do not assume because an item title or description says "American Gold Eagle" that it is not eligible for EB bucks. Title and description have nothing to do with eligibility. It's all about the category the seller chooses to list in. >>

Those that are duel listed don't seem to qualify. Was looking at some stuff from MCM but not eligible because they list it in both US Coins and bullion. >>

Correct. Item is listed in bullion category as well as another category. Bullion category items not eligible.

Bid on a couple of coins. Buy it nows are pricey on most of the stuff, even with the promotion.

<< <i>Bid on a couple of coins. Buy it nows are pricey on most of the stuff, even with the promotion. >>

Keep in mind that listing has to end and payment has to be made in the promo period to be eligible for the bonus bux.

<< <i>

<< <i>Bid on a couple of coins. Buy it nows are pricey on most of the stuff, even with the promotion. >>

Keep in mind that listing has to end and payment has to be made in the promo period to be eligible for the bonus bux. >>

Thank you Derryb. I was aware of that, but with Ebay changing the rules at warp speed, you can never have too much helpful info.
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    I received the offer, now what do I buy?
    Note that those receiving the ebay promo offer will most likely have to click an "activate" button in the message. Always verify you are going to receive your bonus bucks before completing a purchase. I double checked right before buying and realized I needed to first go back to the message and "activate."

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay must have read the forum and saw me complaining about the lack of Bucks promotions the other day.image

Since my complaints are being addressed by the cosmos image I'd like to address one to MCM with regard to bucks. STOP dual category listings that disqualify your items from ebay bucks. image

I order things from MCM and I'd order more during these promotions if you weren't disqualifying your items from the promotions .

There has never been any justification for listing items in 2 categories anyway. Ebay always just used it as an excuse to collect double listing fees but no one has ever proven that it increases sell through rate.

In a singular auction of some rare item maybe but not on the 3500th monthly listing of a lot of ASE's .

I'm not saying post bullion in the wrong category to subvert the program but there are plenty of items that warrant being listed in US or World categories that are bullion.

Mexican gold pesos for instance (which I likeimage), or those wretched gigantic silver quarters . Sovereigns, ducats, 20 francs etc are all legitimate coins and fit very nicely in their own countries category.

Does selling an item that bucks are used on reflect back financially on the seller? Who knows . However, given 2 equally priced items its easy to see that if APMEX puts it in a category that you can claim a 10% ebay bucks kickback on an another seller doesn't , APMEX will get the sale if prices are equal. If ebay bucks somehow cost a seller on the back end i suppose an thats an issue but losing a sale to a competitor costs on the front end too.

<< <i> Does selling an item that bucks are used on reflect back financially on the seller? Who knows . However, given 2 equally priced items its easy to see that if APMEX puts it in a category that you can claim a 10% ebay bucks kickback on an another seller doesn't , APMEX will get the sale if prices are equal. If ebay bucks somehow cost a seller on the back end i suppose an thats an issue but losing a sale to a competitor costs on the front end too. >>

Seller is not affected by selling an item that earns ebay bucks. EBay eats the loss.

Thank you all for the guidance.
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Damn you 10% Ebay bucks! Picked up one item and was excited about the bucks. Then realized that I had a $100 GC (from the recent $100 for $96 deal) so I bought another one, just to use up the GC. Also picked up a couple of things on here. I really need to start stacking some $ and stop getting tempted by all the deals posted on here.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Hi, that's what I am thinking, I am saving for a house an PM's/coins are in my way...
    I could not find anything that I had to have. image Missed opportunity. I did get the GC though. Still have not used it.