Home Sports Talk
Options

Tony Romo out

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
NFL.COM reporting Romo is a no go vs. Arizona today.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The right call. Two transverse back fractures are no joke. Makes the Cowboys' decision to put him back in the game last week even more mystifying.

15 years from now after he's retired and can't stand up straight, do you think Jerry Jones will care one bit?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm playing the guy who has him so I just did like 5 add drops on free agent QB's to stuff it in him lol
  • Options

<< <i>Yea I'm playing the guy who has him so I just did like 5 add drops on free agent QB's to stuff it in him lol >>

You had 5 player to DROP?? LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just ONE reason Jerry should have gone for a quality QB. I don't know much about this Weeden guy, but he did OK while he was in last week.

Go Cowboy's!!!!!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is just ONE reason Jerry should have gone for a quality QB. I don't know much about this Weeden guy, but he did OK while he was in last week.

Go Cowboy's!!!!! >>

Since anyone is better than Romo....this should be good for Dallas. image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is OT,......
    .......... but......... GO DENVER!!!!!!

Could not resistimage

If Romo has a back injury he definitely should not play. Just for Dimeman,.........Go Cowboys!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yea I'm playing the guy who has him so I just did like 5 add drops on free agent QB's to stuff it in him lol >>

You had 5 player to DROP?? LOL! >>

No I did 5 different add drops of QB's so there were none available for him to pick up, once you add/drop a guy he is unavailable until Wednesday morning image
  • Options
    >>>Since anyone is better than Romo....this should be good for Dallas.<<<

That was in the past when he was "The Choker".....this year he has been very good.

Doesn't look good.......blocked FG to end the half!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
  • Options
    Fewer than 100 yds passing, 1 INT, Zero TDs, 7 targets to Dez, no completions, 40 QB Rating. Take a good look, this is Dallas without Romo, Dimeman. If not for the gift pick 6, Dallas wouldn't even be in this game.

• Options
    Check that, 2 picks and a QB rating of 24.

• Options
    Win for Arizona.......hollow as I live in the state but would rather see the Cowboys win.
  • Options
    Jumped the gun a bit....

Same result though.
  • Options
    Weeden kind of reminded me of the past Romo.

Stick a fork in the boys......it's over.

Another wait until next year.

Jerry had better make some good picks next year!!!!
  • Options
    Weeden kind of reminded me of the past Romo.

You're delusional...Romo at his absolute worst is 10x better than Weeden. You sound as clueless as Jerry Jones, LOL!

• Options
    >>>You're delusional...Romo at his absolute worst is 10x better than Weeden. You sound as clueless as Jerry Jones, LOL! <<<

Grote - The key words were "reminds" and "past"! Tony used to stink up the field!image

Romo finally gets a clue how to QB.....then comes the back problems. If this is as serious as it looks his career could be over as far as being effective and leading the Cowboys to the SB.

We need a new QB!!!
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    The offense was terrible today as a result of the cards tough defense and the lack of any sort of passing game. Weeden showed why the Browns got rid of him and why he might not even be a back up QB. His passes were off target and gave the Cards no reason to respect the passing game. If that is the best he has they might as well go with Vaughn because he can do no worse. The defense did the best they could considerng the offense did them no favors and turned the ball over too many times. The injuries to the defense are a concern going forward.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    The Cowboys were without 2 starting offensive linemen and there starting QB. This team needs a bye week.lol

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    Romo looking very good again. Cowboy fans should be grateful he is able to play..

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Man, another great game for Romo.
  • Options
    I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like Tony had an outstanding day. I just hope he keeps it up and can stay healthy. Sounds like his back is still hurting him.
  • Options
    Pretty nice to have a quarterback with the 4th highest QBR.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty nice to have a quarterback with the 4th highest QBR. >>

He's fueled by fan appreciation.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    He's fueled by fan appreciation.

these days he deserves to be appreciated including by DIMEMAN.