Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

'86 MJ rookie: real or reprint?

Seems legit to me but can never be too careful with this one. Opinions? Thanks!
image[/URL]
image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Without seeing it in hard, hard to tell. Get a loupe and look at the ball on the back and the bull's eyeballs.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    From the pic provided it looks good.
    The fleer banner is two colored, and the 27.2 has the decimal point which are both good signs.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭

<< <i>Without seeing it in hard, hard to tell. Get a loupe and look at the ball on the back and the bull's eyeballs. >>

gotcha. Thanks. I haven't bought it yet so I unfortunately can't do that. If I could, what would I be looking for?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Without seeing it in hard, hard to tell. Get a loupe and look at the ball on the back and the bull's eyeballs. >>

gotcha. Thanks. I haven't bought it yet so I unfortunately can't do that. If I could, what would I be looking for? >>

Read this before buying a raw Jordan rookie card.

Spot a fake Jordan RC
  • Options
    I saw this lot went for about 500 and I have to admit I was tempted but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I hope it turns out well for you!
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>From the pic provided it looks good.
    The fleer banner is two colored, and the 27.2 has the decimal point which are both good signs. >>

For me, the 27.2 is the #1 flag to look for. Here that looks legit.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Happy you guys helped me. Picked this up in a lot with a raw magic/Erving/bird and patrick Ewing rookie. So pumped about the results.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 23664844 MINT 9 1986 Fleer 32 Patrick Ewing Card
    2 1 23664845 MINT 9 1989 Pro Set 494 Barry Sanders Card
    2 2 23664846 MINT 9 1989 Pro Set 494 Barry Sanders Card
    2 3 23664847 MINT 9 1989 Pro Set 494 Barry Sanders Card
    3 1 23664848 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Fleer 57 Michael Jordan Card
    4 1 23664849 NEAR MINT 7 1980 Topps Scoring Leader Bird,Erving,Johnson Card
  • Options

<< <i>From the pic provided it looks good.
    The fleer banner is two colored, and the 27.2 has the decimal point which are both good signs. >>

what he said. these are the two dead giveaways. Also, just saying, if it is OC like that, likely a real indication as well. most fakes have near perfect centering
  • Options
    well done!
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. 3 things I look for are - 2 different yellows on the Fleer logo, a "." between the 27 and 2 on his scoring average on the back, and the Bulls eyes should be well delineated where you can make them out.