Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: 2015 National Convention

Are the dates firm yet? Gotta turn in next years vacation this month.
I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!

Comments

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dates are July 29 to August 2nd in Chicago at the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont. Already booked for our group!!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Already booked? And here I was thinking I was ahead of the gameimage

Thanks manimage
  • Options
    Oh yes. Hotel is a gimme, and dinner one night at Gibson's and one night will be pizza at Giardano's. We usually grab 2-4 boxes a day to take back to the hotel room to crack open with the little guy. Whole family goes and have 1-2 families joining us this year as well.
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Didn't make it to Cleveland this year but definitely plan on attending next year in Chicago!!!! Gotta love that deep dish pizza!!!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Recommend doing a field tour of wrigley.
  • Options
    With Cubs out of town during the Natty a tour is the only option. Last year got lucky in that I had meetings in Chicago for work, and our company rented out one of the entire Wrigley houses across the street for the game - all food and drinks were covered plus tix. Cool deal and last time they did a suite which was nice as well. Flew out the next am early to head back home, pick up family, and rolled to Cleveland. The folks with the Indians were unbelievable to us. Got us 2nd row tickets behind dugout, and gave the two young ones game balls from the dugout in the 6th inning. Cannot say enough about how well they treated us.

In terms of locations the IX center is nice and about 10 miles from hotels in Independence, OH, and Stephens in Chicago is not quite as spacious but you walk across the street to it which is nice and plenty of places to eat in the area.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    If you guys love deep dish pizza and are from out of town, also try:

Lou Malnati's
    1050 East Higgins Road
    Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
    Phone: (847) 439-2000

I also love Giordano's but wanted to gve another option if you've already had them. Can't do wring with either establishment. This location is about a 10-15 minute drve from Stephens Convention Center.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you guys love deep dish pizza and are from out of town, also try:

Lou Malnati's
    1050 East Higgins Road
    Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
    Phone: (847) 439-2000

I also love Giordano's but wanted to gve another option if you've already had them. Can't do wring with either establishment. This location is about a 10-15 minute drve from Stephens Convention Center. >>

Who delivers? With the herd of kids im bringing, hotel delivery is VITAL!!! image
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Anybody setting up a table at the National. If so, and you have wall space you'd like to sell, I have some wall art I'd like to display for sale.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I highly recommend the Wrigley tour. Its best when the team is out of town. I parked right in front of the place on a Sunday morning. Worth every penny.

I hear you on the booking. Booked just this week and most every place was already sold out. I got one close though! Very excited.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    id bet the concierge would be a great help
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image