Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is there a stacks auction tonight in Baltimore?

And if so, how do you get it live?

I can find the currency sale, but not the Coins.

Thanks
TahoeDale

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is indeed. A Platinum Night sale, no less.

No comment on the website.... We've beaten that one to death. image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some of it is over already, but it's hard to say what is over and what is left. Can't really figure it out from their site. I do know I had several coins on my watchlist that are now gone and nowhere to be found. I presume they sold, but it would be nice to see what they sold for instead of just being removed from my watchlist!!!! image
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I won a nice coin tonight, somewhat unexpectedly at a lower than anticipated price.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dale. When I visited the sale earlier today on my iPad, it took me automatically to a currency sale going on. I had to exit the currency sale and select the coin sale on another page, which I did. I personally thought the whole thing was a bit confusing and I am unclear why they would direct me to a currency sale when I have never bought a single currency lot in my life (best I recall). Why not start me at the coin auctions?

I plan on mentioning this to Wayne when he returns from Baltimore. Yes, it took me to the coin auction with the extra step, but others might just assume currency was being sold at that moment and not coins and leave-no?

Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I won a nice coin tonight, somewhat unexpectedly at a lower than anticipated price. >>

That's the thing...consignors should proceed with caution IMO
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was bidding on some items yesterday, they had two auctions running at the same time. One for U.S. coins and one for World coins. I guess they don't expect some to maybe want to bid on both U.S. and World Coins??? I had to bounce back and forth a few times, but I certainly missed several lots that I otherwise would have bid on... and no, I'm not willing just to put in a max bid through their system for various reasons. Again, just hurts the consignors, oh well.

• Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I bid strong on a couple coins in the auction today...but not strong enough. image

-KHayse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file