Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - Help with Public Transport in Boston - Wilimington Show this weekend

Thinking about mega busing it to Boston. Is there anyway I can get to Wilmington short of renting a car. Public transport etc. Megabus leaves me at South Street Station. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Barry

Comments

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    The MBTA has train service from North Station to Wilmington. But there is no bus service to the Shriners hall from there. You would have to take the subway from South station to North Station to get the train to Wilmington. You would be better off renting a car. I don't think there are any car rental locations in down town Boston. They are all at the airport. Which is accessible on the subway or water taxi.
  • Options
    It's pretty far away from South Station.
    By car from South Station you're still about 30-45 minutes away.

A rental car would probably be cheaper than taking a taxi to the Shriners building in Wilmington.
    It's not the National but is a pretty good sized show with good autograph guests if you're willing to spend a few dollars.

I'll head over for a few hours on Friday and may go back on Sunday to see if there are any deals.
    Good luck !!!

• Options
    You would want to take the Silver Line from South Station to Logan airport, get off at any stop then hop on one of the rental car shuttles. It's a central rental car facility now so it's one bus for everyone - just look for the marquis that says 'Rental Cars'.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it helps but there is a hertz rental in boston that is not at the airport.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Barry, are you planning on coming all the way from california?!?!?!?! (I would hope not!!!!); dont get me wrong, its a really good show (although its not quite as good as it used to be and its NOWHERE near the same caliber as the national) but its certainly not worth a cross-country trip (you say "mega busing" which leads me to believe you are coming all the way from CA unless you're already half way here or something); I'm only a half-hour drive from the shriners auditorium but i dont think its worth a cross-country bus trip although dont let me stop you, you can do whatever you want!!
  • Options
    californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I love you guys from Boston, even if I am a Yankee fan. Awfully difficult supporting the Yanks without Jeter now. I knew you guys would wire me up with some directions. FYI my monikor or avatar is because I lived in paradise for 10 years after 10 in NYC. Was working in Orange County and also LA. Love me the Lakers, but yes Kobe is all by himself these days and should have never made Shaq mad and they would have won forever. Have been back in NYC for five years this month.

I thought it would be easier getting to Wilmington. If anybody wants to meet me in Boston and go up for a nice long day I would be more than happy to buy you lunch and pay for gas???

Thanks again guys

Barry