Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's gonna be a looooong year Lakers fans

I'm a long time Laker fan (35+ years), but after these first two games, I need to start focusing on college basketball to see who the lottery picks are going to be.

Comments

• Options
    I am a fan too but when you lose two of your better players for the year and have other injuries, it's not a shock.
  • Options
    Yes, it's going to be a bummer next couple of years. As soon as baseball seasons over, I usually jump straight into basketball and watch nearly all Lakers games with high interest. I will watch a few games this year mostly to see what kind of records and career marks Kobe will accomplish. With no surrounding help, this will be a very individual season for Kobe. This is still going to be a great basketball season with great stories and a bunch of teams that are interesting (Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Clippers, Spurs). There will be no lack of great teams or attention..... it's just a little sad the Lakers will not be part of it.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Lifelong Celtics fan who has lived in LA since 2003. I watched quite a few Lakers games last year and intend to do so again this year. HA.

Not that the C's are anything to write home about. Also, I was really bummed for Randle. I liked that kid a lot at Kentucky.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I think they traded away their next two first round picks, although they may be lottery protected.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think they traded away their next two first round picks, although they may be lottery protected. >>

If they're in the Top 5 picks this year, they have their own. If it's outside the Top 5, Phoenix gets it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think they traded away their next two first round picks, although they may be lottery protected. >>

If they're in the Top 5 picks this year, they have their own. If it's outside the Top 5, Phoenix gets it. >>

The picks are two years apart as well as I believe the league does not allow a team to trade first rounders in consecutive years. There were a few second rounders in there as well and those are pretty good too--high in the round but with no guaranteed money.
  • Options
    Yes it is! another long one. I really do hope coach Scott lets Jeremy Lin go bannanas , the kid is a good player who can penetrate and create who can also score , i hope he allows him the green light on all shots , we have nothing to lose , been a Lakers fan since the early 80's growing up in LA , we are certainly use to winning
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Julius is a friend of my son and we were really sad for him. Julius is a very neat kid who works very hard. Hopefully he can recover quickly the right way so this injury will not plague him going forward.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    I could not be any happier about this!!!!

my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options

<< <i>I could not be any happier about this!!!! >>

Yayerness!
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about Randle.
    It's going to be a very un-Laker like stretch.

It would be awesome to see Kobe drop a 100 on someone just for the entertainment value of it.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards