Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA holders and cards in sleeves

I have seen cards in sleeves in PSA holders.

Is this a good idea? If so what are the best sleeves?

Do I need to make a special request to PSA to have this done?

Comments

• Options
    Wow they're finally doing this huh? Nice
  • Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    I actually might be mistaken about the sleeves.

It might be a new holder. It looks like there is a sleeve in the holder, but not sure.

Is there an option to do this?

• Options
    It's hit or miss - and fairly random, as far as I can tell.

The holdering department will put certain cards in sleeves if there isn't a holder sized well for the card. A lot of odd-shaped in-between cards get the sleeve. I don't think it's something that can be requested either way and definitely does not happen for all cards.

One of the more confusing parts is that sometimes I'll sub 20 or so cards from the same set that are basically the same size and some will get the sleeve and others won't. Haven't figured out why, other than there may be small differences in size that trigger it.
  • Options
    Oh, and, I prefer my cards without the sleeve. I recently sent a single card in for a reholder and asked in the notes for it not to be sleeved. I will see if they'll honor the request, not sure.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have seen cards in sleeves in PSA holders.

Do I need to make a special request to PSA to have this done? >>

It's actually a sheet of plastic put behind the card to keep it from moving around. It's not a sleeve like BGS uses.

As charrigan said, they use it for undersized/odd shaped cards.

I have requested the sheets on regular sized, condition sensitive cards and they have done it for me every time. I've even had them sandwich the cards in the sheets as well for extra protection.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's actually a sheet of plastic put behind the card to keep it from moving around. It's not a sleeve like BGS uses.

I have requested the sheets on regular sized, condition sensitive cards and they have done it for me every time. I've even had them sandwich the cards in the sheets as well for extra protection. >>

Most of the Wrestling All Stars have the sheet of plastic but some actually have a sleeve somewhat similar to BGS. I just cracked one out recently that was in a sleeve.

• Options

<< <i>

I have requested the sheets on regular sized, condition sensitive cards and they have done it for me every time. I've even had them sandwich the cards in the sheets as well for extra protection. >>

You had a sandwich in Vegas too schmookie - didn't you image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Most of the Wrestling All Stars have the sheet of plastic but some actually have a sleeve somewhat similar to BGS. I just cracked one out recently that was in a sleeve. >>

Oh wow, good to know. Must be a new thing they are doing.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Most of the Wrestling All Stars have the sheet of plastic but some actually have a sleeve somewhat similar to BGS. I just cracked one out recently that was in a sleeve. >>

Oh wow, good to know. Must be a new thing they are doing. >>

On this set it looks terrible because you see the plastic loose in the holder on both sides. With the sleeve they wrap it tight and the front is smooth and makes for a great appearance of the card.

I didn't realize what the deal was until I cracked out this Iron Sheik PSA 6. It looks like a 10 and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how it was a 6. Once I saw it in hand it had a flattened upper corner.

Needless to say it was in a sleeve that opened at the top and was not sealed like BGS.